Plagued with audio issues

I have an asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and it is about a year old. My onboard audio has not been working for the past 4 months. I have to use a USB headset for any of the audio, the analog jacks dont work. I have tried everything, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the OS (win10), Nothing works. and I have tried all the advice I could find online with no success. Now here is where it gets strange, The back panel and front panel audio dont work, and if I plug in a working internal sound card, it wont work. I tried 2 different internal sound cards and nothing. It seems like any analog jacks I plug in just dont work.

In the audio manager part of windows 10 under control panel, it shows 2 audio devices. It shows doth that are digital out, no analog options are available.

I an fairly experienced with all this and I know about installing and uninstalling drivers. and I have also tried every option in the audio manager system.

did you ever figure this out? i have the same board and the same issue

Hi @Cary Young.

Wondering if a BIOS update might solve your problem. There have been 17 updates since the board was first released in 2012. Unfortunately Asus almost never gives much detail as to what the update does beyond "Improves system stability" There are a few exceptions especially BIOS Ver 0803 which says improves compatibility with Win 8 OS.

Here is a link https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/...

Hi! I have the same issue, did you manage how to solve it? I thinking in buy a off board audio card, but i see your comentary and so i give up. Thanks in advice.