Device name is Jensen 3 speed stereo turntable. Model is JTA-230.

Why wont the turntable platter spin?

When I try to power on my record player, the turntable platter wont spin. It doesn't spin regardless if the record is on it or not, so no music plays. What should I do to fix this?

Just got mine and it only spined the first day and now I plug it in and turn it on and it don’t work anymore

Did you check the belt like a mentioned above? What type of turntable is it?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

The most likely cause of the problem is that the motor is broken, preventing the rotation of the platter. In order, to fix the issue double check to see if the platter itself is damaged or broken. If, so replace that; in addition if it is not just the platter, go into the device and replace the motor. The attached guide for the Turntable Platter should assist in guiding you through the whole process found here [invalid guide link]

Most Helpful Answer

Since this is a belt driven turntable check to see if the belt is on . This is located under the round metal platter you set the record on. There may be a clip holding on the platter so if there is you will need to remove the clip before the platter will come off. If the belt is off the platter will not rotate or turn. It also me be stretched or broken. If you have an owners manual it will till you how to put the belt on.

I just got mine out of the box and had the same problem. The hardest part was removing the little clip to get platter off. It doesn’t screw off you have to just push it off. Once the platter was off the belt was clearly off track. Wrap the belt around the platter and the little knob that turns as you put the platter back on. Put the little clip back on and boom. Back in working order.

Im having the same problem, it was spinning before I took the needle cap off and when I took it off and placed it on the record it stopped spinning

Louis Varrichione will be eternally grateful.