large screen tablet, sleek lightweight design, touch screen tablet. Model: NS-14T004.

Why doesn't my screen work?

My screen does not turn on when i press the power button. The screen displays a lit up black screen, and does not respond to touches.

Mine does this too

Check out our troubleshooting page to diagnose your problem: Insignia Flex 10.1 Troubleshooting

Your screen is most likely malfunctioning and you should consider replacing it. You can follow our screen replacement guide here: Insignia Flex 10.1 Screen Replacement

Can you give us a little more detail? have you either dropped your device, gotten it wet, or been on any shady web-sites recently? These are a few of the many things that can cause a malfunction. In the worst case scenario the screen may need to be replaced and you should follow the guide above.

no, it has not been dropped, or gotten wet. It simply will not turn on, all of a sudden.

Same here the last thing I was on was Snapchat and then it just went black one morning.

I got the insignia tablet last year on December 24th as did my siblings. My tablet died a month later, in January, well the screen went black one day and it would illuminate the black screen but that was all. My brother gave me his tablet and I've used it until now. Yesterday when I got home I went to turn on my brothers tablet and the screen was just black and illuminated. I haven't gotten it wet or dropped it. And from what I recall I never did that to my own tablet. I let it rest for a while and then when I later checked on it it was still the same. It would also have white and black lines go across the screen sometimes only halfway, other times the entire screen. Sometimes the lines would be mixed with colors. It seems to happen only when pressure was applied on the screen or tablet. But I'm not completely sure what caused it. When I pressed the power button and the lower volume button and I heard a sound. Then my tablet kept flashing the white insignia logo for about a minute. It would get bright then fade away. Then it went to the password screen and it was pretty much fine. All my apps were there. But whenever the screen got bumped by something those lines would pop back up so I was very careful with it. I fell asleep with it in my bed and when I woke up to check on it , the screen was black and illuminated whenever I held the power button down for about 10 seconds. It also did the weird line thing. It looks like an old tv, when you leave it on and the screen goes black and white, except in this case it's black and white lines. I tried doing the same thing I did last night and the black screen would illuminate then after 10 seconds, it would go dark again. I looked up some info about how you hold the volume up button and hold the power button but nothing it working. The black screen illuminates and then shuts off again. If anyone could help me that would be great! I do all my schoolwork on here.

Richard will be eternally grateful.