The Alcatel OneTouch Pop Icon is a smartphone with an Android operating system. The release date for the Pop Icon was October 2014.

What version of phone do I have?

What kind of Alcatel one touch do I have?

doesn't work when my phone says no sim card inserted, after I activated the phone.

Check the information at the following setting:

Menu > Settings > scroll down to About Phone > Model Number

Here you should find information regarding the model of your phone.

No such About Phone menu item on mine. It’s a flip phone and I have no idea how to tell it’s model?

Hi Patricia Aldoraz,

Try removing the battery and see what is written on the phone underneath where the battery was.

Hi Cammy Fay,

Have you inserted the SIM card?

If you have, verify that it is inserted correctly. Here is an image taken from the Alcatel One Touch Pop Icon User Guide that shows how to do it.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing).

If it is inserted correctly, try inserting a different, network compatible known working SIM card to check if the phone detects it OK and try your SIM card in another known working network compatible phone to prove that your SIM card is OK or not.

Basically swap the SIM cards between two same network phones and see what works where.

Android app from google play store named Phone Information v10.5 it's free and monitors storage battery cell detailsphone info device type brand, model, product and serial #,dimensions,operating systemroot access, build,screen size,processor etc. everything you wish to know about phone

Kelly Erno will be eternally grateful.