Google-branded tablet with a 7" screen. The device needs only prying tools and screwdrivers to fix. Model number: ME370T.

Wont charge or turn on

So, I purchased a Nexus 7 1st gen a long time ago. It was working fine, but one day the screen just shut off when it was updating. So I tried everything, I looked online and did everything I even called Google and ASUS, but no help. Then, I sort of forgot about it, I just put in in my drawer. Then like 1 year later (currently) I saw it again, so I tried everything again. I even got a new battery replacement, and still not working. It could be a display problem, but Im not sure how to check.

Thanks for the help.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Have you tried plugging the Nexus into a computer with the supplied USB cable? If you did, is the device detected? If not, have you tried a different USB cable. Also, plugging it into a computer might take 30 minutes or so before the Nexus turns on due to the battery level. I had a USB to AC converter die on me in the past and multiple cables stop working over the years, so this was just a thought. Hope it helps.\

Adeel Ahmad will be eternally grateful.