The third-generation HTC One smartphone which was first released in March 2015. Its major revisions on the M8 design include the octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor and a 20-megapixel rear camera.

How do I remove a stripped screw accidentally glued to the body?

Hi, I was trying to open up my One M9 but ran across a stripped screw on the top. I've opened the device up before but this time the screw didn't want to give way. I tried using rubber bands, and superglue however neither worked. I think some glue may have gotten on the sides of the screw.

Is there an easy solution to get it out? The screw *was* a torx screw, now it's partly rounded out after much frustration. Could heating up the screw melt the glue enough to the point that I could use iFixit's Screw Extraction set to get it out?

Thank you!

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

I think it would be dangerous trying to heat the super glue. I would try using a flat head screwdriver to turn it, and another, or some pry tool, to gently pry it out as you turn

Hey iMedic! Thanks for your quick reply. After trying out the flat head it seemed like the downward pressure deepened the hole allowing a slightly larger torx driver to catch the threads. I got it out eventually!

Thank you again :).

Victor will be eternally grateful.