The Keystone KSTAD70A 70-pint Dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints of humidity from the air per day.

keeps stopping with error code EC

Does this have to go back to the manufacturer? Used in basement where ave humididity is 52%. it is usually set on 55%.

who fixes these things?

Mine does the same... we have never emptied any water from it and called many times got same answer as U

My does the same - I have unplugged it and restarted it NUMEROUS times and it is off again the next day. Thought I would find a solution by googling but apparently not.

Most Helpful Answer

Mine starting acting up this year. I was purchased in June 2014 and run that summer. Put away and re-ran the summer of 2015--June through Sept. Ran it from May to mid July in 2016. Now I plug it in for the first time in 2017 and it ran it for the day then the EC displayed. Checked the water bucket...........BONE DRY.

The Fan was running, but clearly the condenser wasn't or it lost it's Freon charge. Tried it again today..........ran for 2 hours.........got the EC message and still the bucket was bone dry. You cant dis-assemble the thing because they have 2 Philips head screws way down the upper sides and unless you have a 12"+ screwdriver........you'll never get the screws out.

I think it's poor when a $200+ product doesn't last but for maybe 10 total months of use before it quite. But "made in china" tells you something.

I have never emptied any water from mine and called many times

I have the 70B model, which looks very similar and I have it in the basement. I get the same error. Unplug/plug to reset and it runs a while. The manual says " Unit malfunction-- Please make sure whether the environment temperature is suitable for the stated temperature in the manual or not.If not,please operate the unit under the stated temperature.If the environment temperature is suitable for the stated temperature,please call service."

My KSTAD50B dehumidifer does the same. It will run for about 90 minutes and then decide that the basement is too cold and then throw the EC error. Yes, I can unplug it, plug it back in, and hit the power switch to turn it on again, but I purchased this dehumidifier to run in my basement without so much manual intervention. I have taken it out of Continuous mode, and I'll see how it performs now. I'm not hopeful.

My KSTAD70B gives us the error code toooo. We were told the same thing as the first person...

I told them there must be a problem with this because every house has moist.... we have never emptied any water from this machine... nobody wants to own up to this product...

rmweir will be eternally grateful.