The Digital2 Platinum Pad 9 is an Android tablet with dual core processor, 1 GB of Ram, 8 GB of storage and a 1024x600 HD display. And is equipped with cameras, front and rear, with micro USB ports, head jacks and a micro SD slot.

4 Questions View all

I dropped my Tablet in water. What do I do?

I accidentally dropped my tablet in water now it isn't responding as well as it used to. How can I fix it?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Black Friday
Broken doesn't stand a chance.

3 Answers

Chosen Solution

Hi,

Your best bet is to open the tablet, disconnect the battery, (do not short circuit the battery leads when you remove them from the board, individually insulate them to prevent this from happening) and remove the systemboard from the case.

Then you need to gently wipe clean both sides of the systemboard completely using isopropyl alcohol 90%+ and a Qtip to remove any trace of water and the corrosion that may be caused by the contaminants in the water.

Notice how I am stressing 'gently'. You do not wish to brush the components off the systemboard.

You will also have to clean the battery pcb and all the other components in the case in the same way.

When you are satisfied that you have got it all clean, allow it to dry for at least 24hours before replacing all the components (systemboard/battery/ speakers/ buttons etc) and reconnecting the battery and hope that, because you have been careful and thorough that it will turn on and perform normally. Test it works before replacing the cover.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3
Add a comment

The screen needs to disassemble, clean up the water inside. If the motherboard has a problem needs to a repair shop for repair.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

One of the ways a lot of people remedy getting water on a device is to fill a bowl with rice. Submerge your device in the dry rice and let it sit for a few days. The rice will draw the moisture out of the device and hopefully there will be no harmful side effects. This is the first step I would try.

Was this answer helpful?

Score -1

Comments:

Rice is a TV tale doesnt work its for eating . When the device is drys out there is still corrosion on the motherboard to deal with

by

Hi @bradyy

Electricity and water do not mix. Therefore the first step should always be to shut it down,shake any excess water from the device and then to minimize the possible damage, as soon as possible disconnect (isolate) the power from the device. With removable batteries it is obviously easier to do than with the non- removable type.

Water is a conductor and as the device still has power connected, water will provide a path for current to flow to parts where it was not designed to be, by bridging across components and circuit paths, thereby possibly damaging some components. Turning it off doesn't remove the power from some areas of the systemboard. These days the power button doesn't isolate the battery supply from the board

The power still being present will also aid the electrolysis effect of the water with certain metals, adding to the corrosion problems, caused by the fact that water (except distilled), has various elements (deliberately added or not) in it, which react with certain metals with corrosive results.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

David DeMeritt will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 112