D1760-2 DECT 6.0 Caller ID Cordless Home phone with caller ID.

caller ID does not wor

When I go to check caller ID on my Uniden phone it says it is unavailable, It always worked up to a week ago

My caller-ID worked fine until 3 weeks ago then it stopped.

Hi @markhx ,

Check with your phone service provider that the feature is still activated for your number.

My phone did the same thing caller id stopped working. I was getting ready to go purchase a new phone after I checked my phone line out with a older phone and so it was not centurylink problem, Anyway I unplugged my uniden phone and also unplugged the power to it. And then installed my Uniden Phone back to power and phone line. Works great and no problem now. So anyone having this problem simply unplug the power pak or unplug the power cord let the phone sit a couple minutes and then re install. I will test it for awhile and if it stops working again I will re post on here to let everyone know what is going on with it. Thanks Hope This helped someone and saved a purchase for a replacement phone. Take Care......

Check to see if your Caller ID service is working.

Using a mobile phone, call the Dect 6.0 phone number and see if the Caller ID information is displayed. Allow the phone to ring and see if a number appears in the Dect handset display window. You do not have to answer it.

If the number appears then disappears, according to the user guide You may have to change the line mode. Contact Customer Service for instructions

Here is also a link to the Caller ID troubleshooting guide from Uniden.

http://unidensupport.com/callerid

If no number appears, after all your checks, as Caller ID is a subscription based service provided by the phone company, get the phone's account holder to contact the phone company to verify that the service is still being provided to the phone.

The problem is different for me. The Uniden DECT 6.0 phone has caller ID feature and have stored many numbers. But I am not getting the phone number on the screen when some one calls. I live in India and have caller ID service from BSNL India.

Please guide me howthe format fr storing the numbers and the procedure to be follwed off line/on line

How should I program the device to show the incoming number ?? That is the problem.

You may reply to my e mail id v_sekar2002@yahoo.co.in.

Regards

How long do you let it ring before you answer? Give it about 10 seconds just to be sure. Also what message is there on the screen when a call comes in?

If no number appears, as the number is sent by the phone company, first call them and verify that you do have Caller ID activated on your service.

Rachel will be eternally grateful.