white light on LCD TV display

i have lg 32lb5610 LED Tv purchased before 19 months , today suddenly i can see 2 while light spots about 2 inch round shape, . please tell me what could be the issue and fix for this.

I had the same problem and it's really simple to solve! The 16 dots you're seeing is the light from the LED backlight. In front of the backlight there's a plastic cylinder very casually glued over it (thanks LG) that diffuses the light, when that drops you see the LED light directly projected onto the screen which causes the white spots.

You just have to dismantle it (not too hard), buy some glue and paste those plastic pieces back.

@lance hi I got same problem with my lg tv can you please tell what precautions should I take before applying your method. Thanks

@a_mantoo yup there are at least 2 you can take

1) Mark the screws and nuts :) 2) The disassembly of the LCD panel is the most tricky part, and you have to take it apart to get to the bulbs.

@a_mantoo you want to be careful not to break the LCD panel, just be gentle with it. And there are many plastic sheets together with the LCD panel, you could tape them altogether so they don't separate before you release their fixing clamp

its very easy and simple, once you unscrew all the screws you will be able to see the layers between LCD panel and white plastic sheets , try to keep it together. and you take one more person help to keep the LCD panel . the important things which i struggled with diffuser blocks ,try to check all the blocks is sticked properly by hand before closing the panel and stick them if not. otherwise i may fall after closing the panel then again you have to start your work from beginning.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your input. this is same as the problem you said and solved it. i have attached the cylinder picture. i have applied little glue on the 3 supporting dots and stick it.https://goo.gl/photos/ZcPD8B8dKQbaF8SVA

Dude. You saved me ;) thanks for sharing. Solved it ;)

This is the problem with my TV also. Coincidently it arise after 19 months. LG service team quoted Rs. 15500 for repair which almost 50 % of cost.

I never expected that LG, such a strong brand launched such poor quality model.

i have the same problem too. it started with 2 white dots in initially and within 2-3 days i can see at least 16-20 white spots. i purchased this 32 inch TV 2 years ago.

what problem is this and how can this be resolved??

kuberasampath will be eternally grateful.