white light on LCD TV display

i have lg 32lb5610 LED Tv purchased before 19 months , today suddenly i can see 2 while light spots about 2 inch round shape, . please tell me what could be the issue and fix for this.

I'm about to have to take on this task as well on my 43" LG. 11 lights right now but might as well do them all. What kind of glue is recommended for the fix?

I was able to fix the white dot issue and it was perfect. I even realized that the plastic covering the led light was not properly glued so I had to make it perfect and probably it will last much longer than how it came from the factory. The point is you have to be careful taking out the screen from the frame so as not to cause any damage

iPhone X Fix Kits

Warranty up? No worries, we’ve got the fix.

iPhone X Fix Kits

I had the same problem and it's really simple to solve! The 16 dots you're seeing is the light from the LED backlight. In front of the backlight there's a plastic cylinder very casually glued over it (thanks LG) that diffuses the light, when that drops you see the LED light directly projected onto the screen which causes the white spots.

You just have to dismantle it (not too hard), buy some glue and paste those plastic pieces back.

@lance hi I got same problem with my lg tv can you please tell what precautions should I take before applying your method. Thanks

@a_mantoo yup there are at least 2 you can take

1) Mark the screws and nuts :) 2) The disassembly of the LCD panel is the most tricky part, and you have to take it apart to get to the bulbs.

@a_mantoo you want to be careful not to break the LCD panel, just be gentle with it. And there are many plastic sheets together with the LCD panel, you could tape them altogether so they don't separate before you release their fixing clamp

its very easy and simple, once you unscrew all the screws you will be able to see the layers between LCD panel and white plastic sheets , try to keep it together. and you take one more person help to keep the LCD panel . the important things which i struggled with diffuser blocks ,try to check all the blocks is sticked properly by hand before closing the panel and stick them if not. otherwise i may fall after closing the panel then again you have to start your work from beginning.

What is the name of the glue and where can I buy it please

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your input. this is same as the problem you said and solved it. i have attached the cylinder picture. i have applied little glue on the 3 supporting dots and stick it.https://goo.gl/photos/ZcPD8B8dKQbaF8SVA

Dude. You saved me ;) thanks for sharing. Solved it ;)

Is using a hot glue gun recommended for this fix? Using glue sticks made for metal.

If not what kind of glue is recommended?

@youthofislam hot glue with the glue sticks for metal will work

Dear friend

I have the same problem with my 32"lg tv

Can you help in little detail. How to approach screen to repair this. Any

you tube video available

kuberasampath will be eternally grateful.