Repair guides for Windows cell phones manufactured by Microsoft.

My touch screen stopped working

I have a Microsoft Lumia 950, the problem I have is the touch has stopped responding, the phone starts up, the display is fine, I can receive all calls messages etc, after several restarts and waiting around, the touch screen works for a short while then goes again,

dropped 4 inches, slight hairline crack, device can be called and so forth but display does not respond.

Exchanged it, was in car's cup holder and was slapped forward (lightly) and same thing.

Is this a bug with Hello?

Or is MSFT just building cheap stuff. My Nokia Lumias were bullet proof... :(

I dropped my 950 xl about 24 inches onto a soft gravel walk and cracked the screen. Still works flawless but I have upgraded to a Samsung S7. I liked Microsoft/Nokia phones but lack of apps and support makes them useless.

Give it hard reset and if it didnt work give a software.

Samt thing with mine; cheap stuff ;-(

I suggest doing a soft reset first. Occasionally, the software glitches out and does not register touch screen input, but it does register fysical button presses (on the side of the phone). Just hold down the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds till the phone reboots. This cleares cache but also resets the time. Don't forget to set time. If this doesn't work, you will either need a hard reset, reinstalment of the software via a computer or just total replacement. NOTE: A soft reset (power button + volume down) does not delete any files or data, a hard reset (=cold boot), however, will.

I`ve tried to fix it with both soft and hard reset. Didn`t helped.

The thing is that i can use screen normally, but after too much touches or if i put phone in the pocket with screen touching my leg, it simple stops responding. I guess it is just some service error inside the phone, but so far i couln`t find out how to fix.

Hard reset didn`t helped either. Thought it will, but it must be somehting inside the phone or simply screen is bad. My phone never fell down nor i droped it or hit something with it, so i gues its just software error.

Best thing might be to just go to Microsoft store and give it to them to fix it.

Sajad Mir will be eternally grateful.