The Garmin Nuvi 1490T is an ultra thin, lane-assisting, Bluetooth GPS navigator that was announced in 2009.

Why is my GPS not responding to my voice commands?

When i say a command my GPS is unresponsive, no matter how loud I command it to do something I still get the same results. What should i do to fix this?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

The microphone is no longer attached to the motherboard and that is most likely the problem. Follow the provided link for more help!

Garmin Nuvi 1490T Troubleshooting

I had that problem also and it drove me nuts but I figured it out and it was so simple it was stupid. After I updated the maps and made sure regions and language matched and everything set to english. Now do this.on your post screen hit the APPs button scroll down to voice command. Now hit the little tool icon at the top left and uncheck Voice Command wait a few seconds then CHECK voice Command turning it back on. then it started working again.

Ricardo Solis will be eternally grateful.