The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (called the Note5) is a phablet-style phone with stylus, manufactured by Samsung, released in August 2015.

Dropped phone and S-Pen broke inside

My S Pen broke inside the phone. Is there a way to open up the phone and remove it to install another one?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes you can but it is very tricky. The back of the note 5's are glass and that's the first thing that needs to be taken off in order to reach the inner part of the stylus. If you don't mind to break the glass, then I would say, go get you a blow dryer and some business cards and a razor and pry it off. After the back is off, you need to remove the screws to remove the plastic covering, then you will see your stylus holster and you will be able to easily remove the broken pieces of the stylus. here is a good disassemble video.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dis...

Mine did the same thing inside of my Note 5. I used a Kobalt 5/64 flathead screwdriver and inserted it into the pen slot. I poked a bit until I felt the opening where the tip was broken, pushed it into the slot and it connected with the broken pen. The activation sound pinged and the stub slid right out. About 30 seconds of work. Replaced with new pen and it worked great.

My S -pen also broke. When I popped it out it went flying behind me. I found all the pieces, or so I thought. Going to a Verizon store was no help. Calling Verizon was no help. Finally I called Samsung and they told me to return it to them for replacement. Then I was in the Verizon store again and this time the rep. told me NOT to send it back to Samsung-that I'd get a refurbished one as replacement. Then the rep. smacked the phone down on his open palm and the (whole) pen dropped out. The force of the jolt when the phone hits the hand pops the pen out - at least partially. Just make sure the pen opening is extended out from the hand. Don't use a table or any other place that is hard.

The rep. suggested that I contact Samsung again and ask for a replacement stylus instead of replacement phone. The stylus had broken at the only "seam" on it and when it did, the spring was lost. Without the spring, the pop-out doesn't happen.

Hope that helps.

Mine did the same thing so I just tried to put the other half of the s pen back in and when I went to take it out again the rest came out with after a couple of tries

Toni will be eternally grateful.