The Game Boy, released July 31,1989, is characterized by a large grey casing and model number DMG-01.

How do I get the screen fixed?

I just found my old Game Boy which has been in a box, indoors therefore untouched. When I put new batteries and switched it on, nothing. I read your notes on Troubleshooting a Ninetindo Game Boy, I could only come up with that the screen doesn't work. You said it could be fixed. How? Where? Is there a place I could send it in? It would mean the world to me if anyone would please help me. . it's so important!! I need it for my veteran brother's children for sentimental reasons. I would appreciate any and all help, feedback, guidance, etc.

Warmly,

A. Sullivan

Most Helpful Answer

Hi andrea! I found the guide on how to replace the screen the reason I belive you didn't see it because it is a community made repair guide. I am sorry you had trouble finding the screen replacement guide but here is a direct link to it but I think your thinking of replacing the lcd screen on which are incredibly hard to find if not impossible to find but if you have a spare one laying around here is how to replace it.

Game Boy Screen Replacement now I hope you have ninja soldering skills because repair shops for these gameboys as far as I know nonexistent anymore.

Now you should watch this video to see why you need ninja skills https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...I hope this sheds some light on what your going to have to do to fix this yourself.

Andrea Sullivan will be eternally grateful.