The Sony CyberShot DSC-TX9 was a “point and shoot” portable camera released in October 2010. It features a built in speaker, a 4X optical zoom with 12.2 megapixel resolution, and a 3.5 inch LCD touch screen.

Why is my camera showing error code C:13:01?

My Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX9 camera is showing error code C:13:01 when you start it and it will not recognize memory card also.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

@agbor this error happens because of a bad connection between the contacts of the memory card and the camera. Try the card in a memory card reader and see if it works, also backup all your files. Then try to clean the contacts of the card with a pencil eraser. You also want to insert and remove the card a couple of times to see if it starts making proper contact. Wiggle the card a few times to see if the error will disappear. Ultimately you could also try a new memory card.

Just cleaning the contacts didn't work. I then used a pencil on them , success, a bit of graphite works wonders.

Try a contact burnisher if you have one.

I made a burnisher using 400 wet/dry sandpaper glued to a .020" x .300 x maybe 3.0". Take the burnisher, carefully put it into the memory slot and give the contacts a couple of short up down strokes. The eraser trick often works. I'd try that also.

for me it was just the "lock" switch on the memory card. I had really forgotten that some cards have these.

I have the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 that I gotten from I think the thrift store an I got the same message and I don't know where to buy new memory stick at if they still make them for that camera anyways I tried everything I could think of and nothing work, can anyone tell what I could do plus know where to buy memory stick for that camera

Dear Elizabeth did you tried Amazon.com? I found last week a listing of a 'Sony Memory Stick Adapter' ($8.99) and a couple of 'Memory Stick Duo' adaptors ($5) for classic 'Micro SD' cards. Just keep in mind choose small SD cards afterwards cause the camera may not be able to handle large capacity of GB.. Hope it will work out for you . Best of luck!

solomon will be eternally grateful.