RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

My keyboard does not work

keyboard just quit working a couple weeks ago and do not know why

I also have the same problem.

Well it's kinda that ... My mouse on my keyboard and my keyboard don't work also anything at the task bar like start and that don't open ... Am I under a virus ??

If you ore on the screen to enter your password in at the bottom of the password it will have sign in options and click the one that looks like a half battery

I have the same prob. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Make sure your HDMI is set! 1st. I tried it after doing all the other stuff and that was the problem. it has something to do with the screen casting or screen mirroring.

Most Helpful Answer

I just had the same problem. I did everything. powered off and on and that did not work. but then I hit the power button for the screen to go off, not power off, and then I hit it again and when the screen came on the keyboard started working. Not sure if this is the FIX, but it worked for me. In future if it happens again, I will do the same process and see if that is the acutaul FIX... Good luck

This worked instantly for me!

Thanks it's working now..

Awesome! Don't know why that works, but it does! Thank you Brenda!

thank you so much!!! it worked for me at least

I downloaded the manual, powered on and off, gone to RCA help and support website, went through the process of filling out help request form ....., went thru process of creating a rca new account because the help request form not going thru. and, not to mention all the other things I wasted time on while trying to get the keyboard to work again -- about 3 hours of this mess --- and just now I finally found the solution you've posted. THank You - It Works - such a simple solution ---

looks like this is a common problem - sadly RCA does not provide any troubleshooting information about this.

YOU ROCK

Was there any updates? If so see if rolling back fixes the issue. Also you could try a external USB Keyboard.

I bought two devices and they are in apparently identical condition. I let my sister play with one for awhile and then the keyboard stopped working. I had to do a hard reset of both devices (wiping all user data, etc) for various reasons so they are in the same state, but one of them still does not recognize the keyboard. The other one can recognize either keyboard (since they can be swapped). The bad one recognizes neither keyboard.

the tablet does recognize an external USB keyboard.

What? While I had the external keyboard attached I tried attaching the detachable keyboard, while in input settings, and suddenly the detachable keyboard was recognized again!!!!

My keyboard also quit working. I contacted RCA. They sent me a new keyboard. It does not work either. I think it has to be a setting somewhere but I do not know where to look. What do you mean by "while you were in input settings".

I dont think the problem is with the keyboard. As I said in my comment above I bought two identical tablets. I tried swapping the keyboards between the tablets since they are interchangeable. On one of the tablets both keyboards worked, on the other tablet neither keyboard worked. So the problem was with the tablet, not the keyboard.

I went into settings for the tablet, into where it says "Language and Input". Here the good tablet had a "Physical keyboard" section while the bad tablet had none. At this point I attached an external USB keyboard to the bad tablet (at the suggestion of Brian Reeder above) and the "Physical keyboard" section of the settings appeared, showing my generic USB keyboard attached. Then, while the external keyboard was still attached, I attached the detachable keyboard and then the input settings showed the RCA keyboard attached. So it seems like attaching the external keyboard got the system to recognize external keyboards.

I had the same problem. I went into apps, google keyboard, and clicked on uninstall updates. My keyboard came right back.

i think it worked!

Tried and all it did was delete the app

It worked! Thank you so much

Omg! You are an angel! thanks so much went back into my settings and the HDMI box was not ckecked. I marked it and tried it out and it worked! When you mentioned screencasting I remembered I did the same just this week and then my keyboard stopped after. Never would have made the connection without your post! EVERYONE, make sure this is done 1st! dont make the mistake I did; now have to download Google keyboard again! I typed this post on the keyboad by the way. Thanks again. Good luck to all.

Easy fix as long as this is the issue. When screen-mirroring or cast-screen is selected, you often times have to go into settings and select ENABLE WIRELESS DISPLAY... this turns off HDMI, which is needed for keyboard to be recognized and work. Simply follow the instructions below....

GO TO SETTINGS: Click on DISPLAY

UNDER DISPLY: Click on HDMI SETTINGS

UNDER HDMI SETTINGS: Check HDMI BOX

Your keyboard should be functioning/working again

There is very simple and easy fix as long as this is the issue. When screen-mirroring or cast-screen is selected, you often times have to go into settings and select ENABLE WIRELESS DISPLAY in order to see the item you would like to connect to ... well, this turns off HDMI, which is needed for the keyboard to be recognized and to work. Then again, sometimes you have not selected to cast-screen and the keyboard still will not work; however, you can do the same thing or at least check and see if HDMI Box is still selected, and if not, select it, and your keyboard will most likely work (sometimes resetting/rebooting your tablet will work too). SO.... to get your keyboard working again, hopefully, anyway....

Simply follow the instructions below....

GO TO SETTINGS: Click on DISPLAY

UNDER DISPLY: Click on HDMI SETTINGS

UNDER HDMI SETTINGS: Check HDMI BOX

Good luck....Hope this helps everyone!! It is what helps me everytime my keyboard is diconnected!

Whats HDMI box? I don't see it in HDMI settings

I don't see a HDMI setting..

Technically, it is not a box, but a switch.

While I had the external keyboard attached I tried attaching the detachable keyboard, while in input settings, and suddenly the detachable keyboard was recognized again!!!!

Whats the external keyboard???

Scarlett, An external keyboard is any USB keyboard like the Logitech K120 $10 keyboard from Target. But I don't think an external keyboard is necessary to solve the problem. I think the HDMI checkbox is the real solution as phlp919 posted in this thread. To check the HDMI box, touch your "Settings" icon. Then touch "Display" and then "HDMI settings". There is a checkbox in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click the box. Re-attach your RCA keyboard and see if it now works.

Make sure HDMI setting is turned on! I had to shut it off to mirrorcast to other device. switchedd back on and bingo, keyboard worked.

this worked for me

Had the same problem did a FACTORY RESET and it began to work again.

My mouse moves uncontrollably even when I attached an external wireless mouse. What can I do to fix this

Hi @joe_1113 ,

Try detaching the keyboard and using the tablet's touchscreen only, or plugging a corded USB mouse into the USB port of the tablet itself. Not quite sure of the last option, if the mouse doesn't work you may need to connect it via an appropriate OTG (On The Go) adapter cable to ensure that the tablet recognizes and supplies power to the mouse.

This will prove whether the problem is in the keyboard or in the tablet.

i cannot seem to make the key board work with the tablet.

how can I get my keyboard to work with my tablet?

My keyboard stopped working

Try going into language and input settings on your device and then attaching the keyboard, sometimes it won't register unless you go into those settings when attaching your keyboard... don't ask me why 'cause I have no freaking idea...

Yes, you need to be in Language and Input to get your Keyboard and USB port working again but the steps are very important.

Disconnect your RCA Keyboard and any external usb keyboard.

Touch Settings > Language and Input (in Personal section)

Attach an external usb keyboard

Now attach your RCA Keyboard.

It should work now.

Every time I tried to go to language and input it tells me that settings to shut down so I can't choose in language and input now all I have is voice to text from Google I don't have any keyboard

Are you saying when you touch "Language and Input" your tablet shuts down?

go into settings and select google keyboard. go throu each list and deselct everything selected. something changed all your settings. It worked for me?

I tried it but not working.. Setting and input but the main keyboard still not working

Try turning HDMI on in Settings/Display.

No...still not

In my case the problem turned out to be a small piece of metal wedged between the keyboard and the tablet preventing the keyboard from making proper contact at the terminals.

My keyboard stopped working today. I have tried everything and nothing worked. Any ideas?

The key 'u' doesn't work and im only typing with it by copy and pasting from something.

Mine didn't work either, and like lots of you (probably) I tried almost everything and I read a lot (and when I say a lot I mean A LOT) of comments from this website site and nothing worked! Finally I found this one talking about a half lit battery or something like that but I didn't understand it!! I looked for it but I couldn't find anything so I went into setting one last time to see if I could find anything and I saw a half coloured battery and I clicked on it! It took me to the battery screen on how much battery you have and stuff like that! I had my battery saver on, so I turned it off and BAM!!! I was able to use my keyboard again!! YAY!! So if this helps you that's FANTASTIC and if not then I'm super duper SORRY and I hope you can get it fixed (soon)!!

what are the functions of a detachable keyboard for a 7"RCA tablet

tweetybird7667 will be eternally grateful.