Released fall 2013, the Z30 is a touchscreen smartphone by BlackBerry.

How to change a SIM card reader

Can anyone help me? How easy is it to change a SIM card reader on my Z30 Blackberry.

It's soldered on, I would either replace the motherboard (expensive) or send it to Blackberry for repair (maybe cheaper). You can also buy a used Z30 and sell your old one. If you decide to sell your old one, I'll buy it, email at iRevive.mobile@gmail.com. Also, you can try sending it to someone like Jessa Jones of iPad Rehab, but I'm not sure you can get the part easily. Hope this helped!

For those that come upon this thread later, the Z30 SIM slot (and most others) can be easily replaced IF you have: 1) good soldering skills, and; 2) a hot air soldering rework station. The slot is surface mounted with solder on the logic board. You can find Z30 replacement slots on eBay for around $6 each.

IF you know what you're doing, it's a mildly advanced 15 minute job. IF you don't, it's 99.99999% sure that you'll toast your logic board.

Finding a replacement board is tough. Used and broken Z30's are on eBay but you have to make sure it's the right model for your carrier, AND that the IMEI is clear, meaning that it's not still registered on someones carrier account.

Hope that helps.

Brian Scholey will be eternally grateful.