Samsung's 5th-generation Android-based Galaxy smartphone was released April 11, 2014. Improvements to the phone include a fingerprint scanner, updated camera, larger display, and water resistance. It is available in four different colors; black, blue, white, and copper.

Charger Not Recognized, Battery with Yellow Triangle and Exclamation

My wife's Galaxy S5 G900A stopped charging last night. This morning she plugged it in to a different, known good OEM charger and it didn't recognize the charger, stayed at 2% all day. When I got home from work I turned it off and it shows a gray battery and then a yellow triangle with exclamation point. I swapped the battery with one from my phone (exact same phone) and it is behaving the same, but the battery percentage shows 64% which is what my phone showed. I put her battery into my phone and it showed it was 99% charged. I then put the batteries back into their respective phones and now then her phone showed its battery at 99%. I tried cleaning the charge port with alcohol and a toothbrush, then blown out with compressed air, but no change. I tried looking for tests in the diagnostics menu, but didn't see anything related to battery or charging.

The only thing left to try is to reset the phone. It is already on 5.1.1, which is the latest update available. Any other ideas that might fix this problem? If the reset doesn't fix it then I will try a replacement charge port board.

Cool, that's what I figured, was hoping someone could confirm since I didn't want to go through backing up and restoring everything.

Charger port daughter board would need to be replaced as from what you said sounds like the charger port has gone faulty. Resetting the phone wouldn't help.

where would i be able to find one

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Charging-Port...

This is for the SM-G900A variant, make sure you get the correct one or else you will run into reception issues with sim card.

You can also solder the antenna connection golden prong point from the charger port assembly if needed and transfer to the new charger port assembly if it's a different model as they connect differently to the antenna module.

No, these are both G900A phones purchased at the same time so they have the exact same chargers. Besides that, we have interchanged them regularly in the past. The problem is definitely in the phone.

same issue here..i tried different charger ( cable & adapter) but still not charging..

I asked one of my friend..she said that the problem is "Charging Flex" , sounds awesome and expensive..

I can't afford the price..can someone know different solution?? please. tnx

PS ..sorry for my bad english

The cable is not very expensive at all from eBay. $15 or less as I recall. Unfortunately, I damaged my screen in the process of removing it.

i accidentally fixed it, i go to recovery then clean the cache then change the battery and turn it on, if it never wakes then remove the battery again and change the old one and turn it on again while charging, then its done!

Step 2 worked for me. Just used a cotton bud to clean the connections. Perhaps I was just lucky?

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/08/samsung-g...

I dunno mine has a yellow triangle inside the battery part thay shows up when u first plug in a phone that is dead but inside the yellow triangle is a little battery with a slash through it and I jad plugged it up a 3 percent battery and after lole 10 min iy says 50 percent....then tje camera says warning camera failed and then 2 sec later it shut off completely. ......any advice???

My note 4 would not charge, had the gold triangle - sprayed the charging port with a few blows from a can of Electronic compressed gas and it is now taking a charge.

Try a different charger. Just because you have another Samsung charger doesn't mean that it is compatible. All of the phones at my house are Samsung (four different models) and some of them are not compatible with some of the other Samsung chargers. Also, if you haven't tried it already, try a different cable in the power block. It may just be an issue with the cable it's self.

Score -1

What Samsung products do you have? If some are tablet and some are phone then some tablets will only accept original cable and wall charger.

Joe will be eternally grateful.