The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

Microphone could be damaged?

In my new Samsung Galaxy s7 edge I put by mistake the pin for the hole of the storage of the SIM card instead of there to the hole of the microphone who is near .

Do you believe I have damaged the microphone ? How can I realize it ?

Anybody could commend about the waterproof situation after that action mentioned above ?

Any help to be informed about possible damage and also water protection ?

It is very possible to have damage the mic. However, if you were gentle then you may not have. A quick test for your mic would be a phone call or voice commands(if no one can hear you then its broken, or if the commands dont work). If everything seems clear then no worries, if not then it is safe to assume damage was done.

السلام عليكم انا عندي مشكلة في جالكسي اس 7 ايدج الجهاز مقاوم للماء وهذا معروف لكن انا وضعته في الماء ثم لم يعد يشتغل ابدا اتمنى الرد

Which mic do you mean guys? Galaxy S7 has two mics: on the top, and on the bottom...What if the try opening tool is inserted into the mic located on the phone's bottom? Can this damage the bottom mic and/or damage the water seal?

You did not damage the microphone. Both the holes for both of the mics face downwards for the actual mics themselves. There is one on the I/O board where the USB is, this one is for when you have the phone up to your ear talking on the phone. The mic at the top is located on the board itself and is for the loudspeaker function such as speakerphone. If you want to test to see if the mic works then simply type in your keypad *#0283# and this will take you to an audio test screen, from there click the second one down from the top, it should say something like "SPK mic" or "2nd mic", then just speak into it and if you hear yourself then it works.

As for the water resistance, I highly doubt that you damaged any water water resistance. Both of these mics have the same setup, under the mic holes is a rubber grommet and literally all but flush with the holes with the mics themselves is the water resistant mesh. That being said, both of meshes are parallel with the phone. They aren't where the outside hole is, but in the hole and upwards if that makes sense. Just to make sure it does, when you stuck the SIM ejector in, it went in parallel with the mesh rather than into the mesh. So you're good.

You are the MVP sir!

No problem bud.

I know that this was a while ago, but, can you elaborate on where the mic and the mesh is in the hole? I don't quite understand what you meant by "Both the holes for both of the mics face downwards for the actual mics themselves" and "all but flush with the holes with the mics themselves is the water resistant mesh. That being said, both of meshes are parallel with the phone. They aren't where the outside hole is, but in the hole and upward". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

@Micah Simmons

Basically what I mean was if a sim ejector was poked into the hole that you see on the outside of the phone that no damage would be done to the microphone or the water resistant mesh.

https://goo.gl/tLLnd5

That link will take you to a picture, if you look at the top of the inside, right next to the black tape to the right is a little white/grey grommet. This grommet holds the mesh (the white part in the middle of the grommet). The actual hole of the mic itself is facing towards that mesh. So if you stick a sim ejector in the top of the housing, it will just go in parallel to the mesh and not into the mics hole.

i dont think so, i do the same and mi mic is working perfectly, actually tested both mic with an app (dont remember the name)

the mic is not pointed straight to the hole, is oriented as an "L"

Well I think every phone has their own voice record application that records from bottom microphone.

thanks my friend. what about the wather resistance ? do you believe that a membrane could be cutted ?

Probably compromised. It happened to me, too and I really felt the moment I penetrated something rubbery. I'd love to see iFixit comment on this issue.

Check to see if it works, it probably does. You have probably obliterated any waterproofing though.

The mic works fine (at least I do not see any issues so far...). As I see it's easy to be confused with the tray opening hole and mic hole....Samsung could easy eliminate this problem by modifying the opening tool tip's shape...I am not going to test the waterproofing, and I am very accurate with the phone, so even the water seal is damaged it's not a real issue for me. I worried mostly about how the mic works...

Costa will be eternally grateful.