Nikon's 16.1 MP, 60X zoom, 1080p Full HD Compact Digital Camera. Release date: February 7, 2014

Why does my camara keep changing selections

When I go to take a picture on Auto, it keeps changing to close up then back to Auto, and close up, some times does don't settle down al all, another time it's ok.

I have yhe same problem. When I put selector in AUTO, sometimes it changes to SCENE and go bak to AUTO. Do you resolved this?

Mine did that... I ended up taking it back. I need a camera that can shoot when I need it to... not when the menu is done freaking out!

I did buy another P600. Now this one refuses to turn on.

I'm not impressed with the quality of these things.

I too have the same problem.

Apparently it is a lack of Coolpix P600

Is there anyone who can solve the problem?

I too have a P600 with both the same problems. I had to send it in under warranty to get it repaired. They replaced a flex circuit board and switch. That worked for 6 months and now it will not turn on. Out of warranty now. I need to send it in or try to fix it myself. In looking at the "lens replacement" link I may try it myself. It appears that it maybe nothing more than a flex circuit that became disengaged. The quote for the last repair was almost $150 but that was covered under warranty. So I may need to send it in again. I do know that I will never buy a Nikon again. I expect quality with the Nikon name and Nikon has not delivered.

I thought I had posted my solution to my own problem. I don't see it so I will re-post again.

From this post....

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/592...

It appears it is an issue with the Shutter Unit.

Odd.

got it repaired at mata electronics Bangalore contact them at mataelectronics@Gmail.com

I found solution. Check my video on youtube. It's easy, but you have be carefull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YURuKAEc...

OK I solved my "Own Problem" by fixing the camera myself. If you search on "Fix It" you will find "how to fix a "Nikon Cool Pix P600". It will show you how to take apart the camera and reassemble. It's been awhile but I think it was for replacing the camera mount . Anyway the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. I did find one small error and sent in the correction for it during the disassembly. Please be careful and handle the camera gently. What I discovered is the flex circuits within the camera easily become disengaged. They are held in place by a very small micro connector. This connector is very easily broken if you are not careful. There is a locking tab that is built into the connector. It lifts up and down. That tab has to be released, the flex circuit replaced securely and the tab re-locked into place. If the locking bar is broken you are screwed. The flex circuit is barely long enough for you to insert it into the connector and is easily dislodged. That is the "design" problem I sent into Nikon. Never heard back. 25 years as a Manufacturing Engineer and they don't respond. Seems to be their attitude toward customers. I hope this is helpful information. This design carries through to most camera brands today.

Marion will be eternally grateful.