Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

No sound on tv... Any way to fix it?

Tv has no sound! Changed cables but still no luck!! Been working fine one morning and couple hours later sound just stopped

if nothing else works, use a sound bar or sound system, and connect the sound cables to the system instead of the tv. I did that and it works.

Most Helpful Answer

Hope this helps Calvin Mogilinski

Here are the most common reasons you may not have sound.

Starting with the most common solutions for no sound from TV:

Television Has No Sound Answer 1: Make sure TV is not muted.

Television Has No Sound Answer 2: Make sure the TV is not set to SAP (secondary audio protocol)

Television Has No Sound Answer 3: Make sure TV input is correct (someone may have accidentally pressed the “aux” input button or similar causing the TV to use an input with no sound going to it)

Television Has No Sound Answer 4: Make sure there is not a pair of headphones connected to the TV audio out jack on the side or front of your TV.

Television Has No Sound Answer 5: Check all of the cables that are connected into the back of your TV. (it is possible the TV was moved slightly and a cable has become disconnected or loose)

Television Has No Sound Answer 6: If you have a receiver or surround sound connected to your TV, turn it on and see if you get sound coming from the external speakers.

Television Has No Sound Answer 7: Turn off the TV, cable box, and anything else connected to the TV. Sometimes turning everything off and then back on can fix the problem.

Television Has No Sound Answer 8: If using an “S” video cable into an input on the back of your TV, these cables carry no sound, just video, so make sure you connect an audio cable too.

Television Has No Sound Answer 9: Hook up an external device to the “TV audio out” input. This will be the test to see if it is a TV circuit board malfunction or the speakers are faulty in your TV.

Television Has No Sound Answer 10: If you are connected to a satellite box, use the included remote and go into the “menu”. Check to make sure sound settings are set correctly.

The audio on my Vizio television goes out when CNN goes from commercials back to regular programming, or switching from premium cable channels to local channels. In order to receive audio, I have to turn the tv off, then on again.

The audio on my vizio tv 42inch has no sound I replaced IR board but still no audio.

my supersonic model slm - 3203 is not working properly when you switch on tv picture comes on and after 5 seconds turns black but the sound is working perfect. please help how to fix this problem?

I had the same problem.....turned out it was the scart leads needing pushed into the back of the tv and or the tv box

Fixed the no sound on my vizio by replacing hdmi cable. Simple and effective. Also pic quality much better.

My lcd tv sound is not coming wat might be the problem!!

get a new tv!!!!!!!!

Score -1

get a new tv!!!!!!!!!

Emelia Sheppard will be eternally grateful.