YouTube giving an error 'please check your network connection'

Hi I just connected my Sony TV to the Internet three days ago. YouTube was working fine the first day. And now it is not working. It keeps giving me the error message 'please check your network connection' everytime I try to get on that app. I checked my Internet connection, I am able to get on Netflix without any problems. I also switched off everything unplugged and replugged the wires, and still unable to get in YouTube app on TV.

By the way, YouTube works fine on the other laptops and phones.

I did do photo plus sharing from my phone to TV end of the first day. Could that have to do with any of this error?

I'm posting for the first time, don't know how this site works, I hope I get notified.

je ne comprends pas pourquoi ? je ne peux connecté avec le logiciel tango pour partager avec mes amis dans le monde à cause network qui est toujours un message de check network connexion encore une fois.

Most Helpful Answer

Try clearing the cache for the You Tube app in the TV. Not sure how it appears but if it is based on Android, go to apps main menu > settings > applications > select either downloaded or all, scroll down to You Tube, click to enter. Select Clear Cache and then try it. If it doesn't work try Clear Data, which should be located there as well.

but the data said All of this application data will be deleted permanently. this includes all files, settings, account, databases etc. What should i do? Should i click yes?

If you are not having any other problems with your internet connection other than when you use your You Tube app then unfortunately, the only way to resolve it is to either uninstall/reinstall the app or try clearing the app's cache. Either way it will result in all the settings and info for that app being deleted. If the cache is corrupted it has to be deleted so that fresh information can be stored there. Again it is only information pertaining to that app that will be deleted, so verify that you know all the relevant personalized You Tube settings info etc before you clear the cache and delete them so it is easier to re-enter them afterwards

Oh! Thanks God the problem solved. Thanks for help!!!

Hi, I have the same problem un-installed the app and deleted the app cache and still the error message keep appearing.

I foresee this as a major problem that will damage these tvs I think that the software should be updated to automatically clear the cache upon turning off the set so that you start in default mode when you want to watch TV again and not be in a network loop this will perhaps break your tv set it is the same principle of computing the longer one ignores problems upon startups the likely hood of a total system error crash is to occur

I cleared cache and data AND went to change the date and time of the TV. Oddly it was set at network time which was in 2016. Changed to current date and it worked!

This worked for me too! Glad I found this site -thanks Ellen!

Its worked for me too!!! Thx for the sharing..

how to clear cache plz?

Another tip. Hold down the POWER button on the remote and the TV will do a hard reboot (not to be confused with reset).

I am on my iPad iOS and i can not access my 'applications' so I can fix this YouTube error ,can someone explain step by step if you can?

This is completely different than a Sony TV.

for iOS Tap and hold the Yahoo icon until all the apps start shaking with an "x" in the corner. Tap the "x" to uninstall the youtube app. Now redownload it from the app store.

I have the same problem with my YouTube it’s always saying connect to the internet on my phone I deleted the app and downloaded it again but is not working it’s always saying that u are not connected to the internet error what should I do please help

Krina Patel will be eternally grateful.