Portable SoundBot wireless speaker. Streams up to 12 hours of music. Includes hands free calling, built in mic and a rechargeable battery. Model number SB571-BLK/BLK.

Why is there static noise?

There is a horrible static sound whenever I turn my speaker on. No matter the volume, high or low, I can’t hear the music over the static sound. Do the speakers need replacing, or could something else be causing the unwanted static?

Most Helpful Answer

Try connecting the speaker to a music source using a stereo audio cable plugged into the Line In Audio socket of the speaker and the headphone socket of a mobile phone (for example).

If there is no noise, there may be a problem with the Bluetooth connection. Remove any pairing connections stored in the speaker and also the Bluetooth device (e.g. phone) (see previous answer to you with User Guide link) then re-pair with the Bluetooth source and see if it is still noisy.

If it is still noisy, remove the Bluetooth connection 'stored in the speaker and try pairing with a different Bluetooth device, (ensure that the 1st Bluetooth device has the Bluetooth turned off) and see if the noise is still present.

If there is noise when using both the Bluetooth and the stereo cable there is a problem within the speaker. There are a lot of things in a powered speaker which, if faulty, can produce unwanted noise and it would have to be opened so that it could be checked to see what is causing the problem

Static sound is often caused by connectivity issues to the Wi-Fi. Make sure that the speaker is within proper range to the nearest router, around 100-150 feet. This will ensure a good connection via Bluetooth, and the static sound should dissolve.

Static sound may be caused by dirt and/or dust build-up in the device. Use a condensed air-duster to clear away the dirt/dust from inside the speaker.

For my sb571 The sound breaks when it is played at high volume what should be done

Yana will be eternally grateful.