High-performance tablet computer by Apple.

Cracked screen iPad pro Options

I have been reviewing options to replace a cracked iPad pro screen.

Ifixit is always my one stop, but I am getting conflicting information and wanted to ask the question here.

Basically the iPad pro works but the screen in 60% cracked thanks to a coffee cup which decided to fall out of a cupboard and right onto the iPad.

Anyhow, the ifixit site mentions "part requires micro soldering" but when I watch YouTube videos "ttp://youtu.be/StBxazGQLS4" I see a simple push connector.

What am I missing? I simply want a display assembly for my iPad pro.

iPad Pro 12.9" LCD Screen and Digitizer

Note. The iPad edge may also have a dent, is there a fix for that?

My last option, because the iPad works fine is to purchase a $35 glass screen protector and call it a day.

iPad Pro 12.9" LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

Your problem lies in here:

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Notice on the above picture you see a small board that the push down connectors are soldered too. On the part you linked that board and it's connectors are not there.

So the part you have linked requires you to desolder that board and reattach it to the new display.

The next logical question is "Can I buy one already attached?" The short answer is I don't know. The daughter board could be married to the main board so you have to keep the originals together for them to continue to work. I would imagine that this is the case taking in the fact that the fingerprint scanner is attached to that board.

My guess is you will need some soldering skill for this repair.

I solder the daughter board to 2 different new displays - the lcd works but i have no touch. I checked the solder several times and do not see an issue.

They're definitely fixable as this is a repair we do often. Be really careful getting the chip off and double check your solder work under a microscope.

you can get a ipad pro screen replacement here. it is not easy to repair ipad pro digitizer only or change glass, it need special tools etc.

Yes these do require micro soldering of the daughter board but you can get screens with the daughter board already on but they are like $300-$400. I was in the same boat as you with limited options and apples $600 replacement price tag is a joke! I found these guys iMaster Repair and they did the repair for only $255 and they paid for shipping both ways. They were the cheapest option and the ipad works great now with a fresh new screen! Good luck to you.

carsten will be eternally grateful.