I replaced the loudspeaker, but it's still distorted. What else?

My iPhone 5 loudspeaker became distorted, so I replaced the speaker with a new unit. However, the sound is still distorted! I've also cleaned the grill and mesh on the bottom right of the phone. What else could it be? Do I need to replace any cables or check any attachments? Argh!

Taz.

Got another replacement iPhone 5 loudspeaker part and installed it, but it still sounds distorted. It sounds okay and am able to hear music and voice, but there is definite mild distortion when directly compared with my friends' iPhones. Kind of like listening to the radio when the channel isn't perfectly dialled in.

Should I try ordering a replacement connector or something? Is there anything else I should check? Maybe something to look out for when I'm installing it?

Taz.

That is super weird. Where did you get your parts from? That's what I think is the culprit. Did you try resetting your phone?

Most likely you bought used/damaged part. I suggest you to buy new one from ifixit, because there is top quality parts.

Taz will be eternally grateful.