Can anyone provide ideas on why my computer will not start?

The computer will not turn on at all. I do not know if some wires have short circulated or if there is a problem with the power source. Can someone give me tips about diagnostic procedures?

@unnymonkey what have you tried? Do you have a multimeter? Have you checked the PSU? You will need to give a bit more information.....

Rep: 1

Most Helpful Answer

Start with the a static discharge and work from there . Unplug the computer and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. then plug in the computer and try it .If this brings no joy try removing the ram and trying it with 1 stick at a time .there could be a bad dimm and one will keep the computer from running . If your board is equipped with a mem refresh button now would be a good time to push that. If no joy is near now try replacing the power supply . If you still have no joy then you may need to look at the motherboard or processor. Hope this helps keep us posted

Albert Einsteain will be eternally grateful.