Can a severely water damaged phone be salvaged?

How would I proceed once I have attempted to dry it out for a few days and power it on? Is it worth trying to diagnose and repair?

Thank you for the help.

It fell into a hot tub and no, I did not take it apart.

I thought it was hopeless due to the chemicals in the hot tub and the length of time it spent in it. I was wondering if there was anything salvageable , but I like the Apple Store idea better than trying to check it out myself.

Well does it still turn on? Have you opened the phone up and check what's corroded inside?

What type of water got into it (drinking, tap, salt, etc.)?

I'm guessing you don't have tools/equipment to handle water damage.

So in my opinion, if it was really "bad" water damage, I'd just take it to Apple and pay them 329+tax for an out of warranty replacement. Unless you have APple care which will be a lot cheaper.

Also, don't let a 3rd party repair place open it and leave fingerprints or any sign of being opened because Apple will then tell you to buy a whole new phone full price :P

Julie will be eternally grateful.