Announced on September 9, 2015, the iPad Mini 4 maintains the power of an iPad Air 2 in a smaller form factor.

Will replacement glass and digitizer work on the Ipad Mini 4?

My son broke his Ipad mini pretty badly. I have the heat gun to remove the glass. I want to order new glass. But the ipad 4 is way more expensive than the other 1,2,3 models. What model and digitizer can I use?

Most Helpful Answer

The reason the iPad mini 4 is more expensive is because the digitizer/touch screen are glued to the LCD, so you have to replace both, making for expensive repair. Doing a glass only repair on the iPad mini 4 would be near impossible without the expensive and high tech tools. The iPad mini 1,2,3 the digitizer and LCD are not glued together so if the screen is broken you can just replace the digitizer/glass.

Hi. there, I have an Ipad Mini 2 the Screen is cracked. do I have to replace the LCD and Digitizer ? can you please explain why. Thank you!

For $99 + $13.45 s/h, sunnygeek on eBay does this... his listing is titled "Apple iPad Mini 4 - Digitizer Screen Replacement / Repair Service."

as of 17nov2016 SunnyGeek on eb@y show this repair for $181.45...fyi

From what i understand

you want to use another glass/ digitiser from iPad mini 1,2or 3 on and iPad mini 4

if this is correct you can not use any other glass/ digitiser on iPad 4 other than what was intended sadly

also if you don't mind me asking how much is a new digitiser

New digitizer is around $220

now i know this is more expensive but you get a new iPad?

https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repai...

I don't think the ipad you get is new; I believe it is refurbished with a 90-day warranty. However, it may indeed be the best option.

Jenny Minerva will be eternally grateful.