Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

Why dose my Kindle tale a long time to charge

Every time I charge my Kindle it takes hours to charge why

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

It's all in the maths. Your Kindle Fire HD 7" has a 4000 mAH battery.

If you are using the charger that came with it, it has a 1000 mAH output.

As a rule of thumb, not quite strictly true but close enough, with these figures it could take up to 4 hours to charge the battery from flat to fully charged.

(4000 mAH divided by 1000 mAH = answer in hours)

A lot depends on how low the battery was when it was started to be charged and also its' age. The older a battery gets (the number of times it has been recharged) affects its ability to fully charge and to hold its' charge.

If you were charging it with a PC connection (500 mAH ) then it could potentially take up to 8 hours to fully charge. (4000 mAH divided by 500 mAH = answer in hours)

Do not be tempted to charge using a charger with a higher output voltage and/or current than what is recommended by the a) battery manufacturer and b) device manufacturer, as the battery could overheat and either be damaged or even explode or start a fire.

I have too many chargers to keep straight. How can I tell which charger came with the kindle?

Hi Hi @bval ,

Amazon don't make it easy.

According to this link for > 4th Gen Fire tablets, for North America they provided two types of chargers.

One is +5VDC @1A (or 1000mA) and the other is a fast charger which supplies +5VDC @ 1.8A (or 1800mA)

They also mention a fast charger for International use but do not specify the charging current. Presumably it will also be +5VDC @ 1.8A (1800mA).

I suspect that you probably got the +5VDC @ 1A charger with your tablet. ( charger output should be printed/stamped on the charger)

As long as you don't exceed +5VDC @ 1.8A you should be OK.

Theo will be eternally grateful.