The Logitech Harmony 650 is a universal remote manufactured by Logitech. It is best known for it's Color Smart display.

My remote keeps resetting its self

My Logitech Harmony keeps resetting itself. I don't know why this keeps happening. What is causing this to happen, and how can I fix it?

The problem could be that your battery connectors are faulty. This is actually a common problem with this specific device. Check to make sure that the batteries are well seated in the remote, and if that doesn't work check to see if the connectors move when you touch them. If they do move then you will either have to repair or replace them. For help in doing so check out the troubleshooting guide.

It may just be the batteries are flat as well. The remote seems to work fine with the screen lit up but if the batteries are flat and you send some commands, the remote will reset - at least that is just what happened to mine this evening.

Instead of replacing the faulty battery contact thingy, I just wedged a square of tinfoil between the battery and the positive contacts. Voila. Works like a charm.

How exactly did you do that? Did you have to disassemble the remote? Thanks Jude!

i took Jude's idea: folded a small piece of aluminum foil about the size of the top of the AA battery, held it on the (+) connector by wrapping scotch tape around the rim. Seems to have stopped rebooting. A more permanent solution will be to affix the foil inside the remote instead of on the batteries.

Austin K will be eternally grateful.