Known as the PS2, it is a sixth-generation video game console first released by Sony in Japan in March 2000. The United States saw it later in 2000 with the SCPH-30000. Repair of this device requires only common tools, but can get tricky.

game does not spin after inserted

game disk does not spin after it is inserted

terranovachris, just wondering if this was still a problem or if you got it resolved.

You should first check the ribbon which connects the motor to the board.

If thats okay then its the motor thats a problem.

If your motor is fine then its the driving circuit.Still need to look into that.Anyone know where I can get the circuit diagrams for free?

I have the same problem now.

Once I've fixed it I will let you know.

I had the same problem with the slimline. It does have a sensor switch which pickups when the lid is closed. This tells the PS2 that the lid is closed so its time to read. However that wasn't my problem. There are rubber guides along the side.Once they get worn it interferes with the spinning of the disk.Remember that the motor is not built for torque. The worn rubber guides will act like breaks and stop the disk from spinning. You can remove the guides and it will work fine. Just ensure that your lens and game-disk is clean.I've done this repair like 2 years ago for a lady friend of mine and its still going strong.She was gonna buy a new lens and motor so she saved a bit there.

Anyways hope this helps.

Cool.

If it's the PS2 slim the disc drive may broken, There is a little bit of plastic that when the drive is closed touches a (sort of) button that then tells the PS2 that the drive is shut. if the plastic bit is broken the drive will not work.

terranovachris will be eternally grateful.