AC adapter not working but batteries work

My Altec Lansing IMT810 boombox only powers on with batteries plugging it in with the stock cord, multiple other cords and other outlets does not work. I've seen posts of people having to bezel off the back and re-wires. I wanted to know if there are any other options to get this running on wall power besides buying tons of D batteries.

This link may be of interest to you regarding the problem of the adapter plug in power socket in the unit. The posts by 'buyer123' (start at the 2nd post on page, read 3rd and 4th as well, click on read more to get the full detail) explains the problem and how to possibly overcome it.

http://www.amazon.com/iMT800-Power-Probl...

I tried the hack a while ago: cut open around power supply, get in there with epoxy and then we still had to use a shim of wood to make the connection (plus, bf used to much epoxy :( so I can't try to fix the fix)!.

The fix lasted for a short time and now it's just impossible to get the power to stay on. So, it's batteries. I'd be happy if I could just figure out how to use a lantern battery rather than 8DD batteries. I have rechargeable but will need to be replaced soon and that's something I"d like to skip.

Even though we have stereos, devices, etc I really like this boombox. Was so peeved off that it was faulty from the get go (replaced one under warranty and then the company dissolved so no help from any company).

here is the fix mentioned above. Not my work, I found it online after some searching

https://imgur.com/a/qDaw4

I have been looking for a disassembly guide, as I don't want to cut through the case. If I can manage, I will try to create a guide if it gets to that point

Nick will be eternally grateful.