The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 is a digital single-lens camera with a rotating screen, released on July 27, 2014 by Panasonic.

Why is my battery life so short?

I've had my camera for a while, and it doesn't stay charged as long as it used to. Is a component malfunctioning, and if so should I replace it?

All batteries suffer from shorter battery life when they get older. The battery isn't really malfunctioning when this happens, so you don't need to replace it. But if you need your camera to last longer between recharging, you may choose to replace it. This part of the troubleshooting guide should help you replace your battery and extend your battery life.

Thank you Jesse. I have never used an external charger, just the usb cable. Could the problem be the lead and not the battery?

charging by USB is much less dependable because of the current limitations of the charger or device at the other end of the cable, along with limitations in the USB system itself.

Panasonic's charger is more reliable and will be faster, and should help the battery stay in good condition for a long time. My batteries, OEM and branded, have lasted three years of hard use without much fade.

Robseth Taas will be eternally grateful.