The backlight on my iPhone 6s is not lighting up

My backlight is not lighting up. The screen is black but will accept touch input. I have tried reconnecting the screen, cleaning cables, and wiping down the back of the screen with a DRY rag. This problem surfaced after I attempted to add a Glowing led apple logo. The funny thing is: it worked for about 15-30 min and then stopped. I removed the LED logo but the screen is still is not functioning. When I press the home button for the first time after turning off and on the screen, it flickers on then turns off. Any suggestions?

You could have shorted it? I would just make it look as stock as possible and give it back in to Apple to get a new phone with warranty.

Might need to get new battery adhesive strips.

Yea I think I might have shorted it... but I was wondering if anyone knew a schematic of the screen.

I think at this point the answer is to just buy a new phone or a whole screen assembly. I Appreciate all of you answers.

I learned my lesson...be extremely careful with aftermarket mods...especially when its the brand new iPhone with a crazy new screen technology.

Do u think if u buy the whole screen it will fix the problem? I dont think so.i think u need to change the fuse of the backlight wish its need some woldering

You damaged the backlight filters while removing the display

Most Helpful Answer

If it turns out the issue is on the board and not the screen, which is very likely, you will have to send it to someone to repair the backlight circuitry. I offer this service here in Australia, but there are people all around the world that can help you.

Basically i expect the issue to be a backlight "filter", or the diode that powers the backlight, which commonly blow when a short or too much current is drawn on the backlight anode line.

Check out the link on my profile to locate someone near you. They all come highly recommended

You can repair the backlight, however it's a crazy difficult annoying process. You'd be better off just putting a new display assembly on there. Too bad you don't have pictures of this led Apple logo. Sounds sweet

iPhone 6s LCD Screen and Digitizer - Choice

Here's a link to a 6s backlight, if I don't get reported

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=C-zy...

Here's a guide on how to do it on a 5. Can't seem to find one for a 6

iPhone 6s LCD Screen and Digitizer - Choice Image

Do you have a link the backlight repair?

And yes I do have a image of the apple logo, but its is on my phone...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3Ur7Uk2TY

Meant to post that in my answer. Can't seem to find a video for the 6

iPhone 5 is completely different for the 6 and the iPhone 6 is completely different from the 6S. The 6S, in short, is not even worth fiddling with. Apple made the screen with such precise proportions this time, that a slight issue with the glass or touch sensitive backlight will lead to inaccurate or spotty 3D touch.

Even iFixit's screen won't match OEM standards. I would try my best to get a used screen off of eBay that was pulled off of a working phone.

iPhone 6s Display Teardown

Check out this guide for the backlight removal of a 6S.

I iPhone 6 was hard enough, but the 6S is not even worth thinking about.

It is an issue with either the motherboard or the new screen. Do a hard reset and as it is coming up Hold your finger over the light sensor, if the backlight is on auto adjust the screen will stay on. The problem seems to be with the backlight control like the new screen can't support full brightness. Turn off auto dim and slide the brightness all the way to dim do a hard reset and see if it comes up.

Hi jj1355810, the led logo you tried to add works making contact with the pins the backlight uses to connect to the lcd and takes power from that. It looks like you damaged that part or the backlight itself making contact between the different pins of the backlight shorting them. I would suggest to try to resold the pins of the backlight or try to put a new one, it's not a difficult operation but the 6s' backlight is way more expensive because it contains the touch 3d chip. Hope this can help you.

I have the same trouble with my iphone 6s, no backlight, only apple logo when it starts and nothing else.

Who knows where is the backlight circuits on motherboard ? Or do you think we need to fix lcd connectors ?

How to resolve it ?

I've been having a strange issue with iPhone 6s backlights coming on and going back out seemingly at random until I noticed something. If your 6s backlight doesn't come on after a screen replacement, unplug the camera/speaker cable and retest. If it suddenly works, you're shorting out the backlight. The large chip on the back of the 6s screen cable CANNOT contact the upper cable assembly in any way. For some reason, this tends to cause a short between the camera flex and the backlight. When the camera flex cover is in position, and that small black strap pulls the cable assembly up and snug, you have to make sure it's straight across. If that long, rectangular chip contacts the assembly, it'll cause problems.

How do I get it to stay level horizontally?

jj1355810 will be eternally grateful.