A portable, rechargeable jumpstarter that can provide instant jumpstarts for cars and trucks.

ac adapter lost need replacement

misplaced my ac adapter what input and output should I use to recharge example

input ac120v 60hz

output dc12v 500ma

what should I buy

I need to buy an ac/dc adapter, an extension cord is not going to do the trick. I need to know what kind on voltage and output I need. The converter/adapter is lost . I would like to save the unit but do not know what size adapter to buy

This a battery jump pack that is used to jump start a car. Some units have an ac adapter built in so you can charge the battery in the jump start pack. My unit has a spot to connect the ac adapter to the jump pack so you can charge the battery in the jump pack. My ac adapter has been lost. I know I have to buy a new ac adapter so I can charge my jump pack, what I do not know is if the input (from the ac adapter) is 120v 60 hz

I understand that the DC output needs to dc12v. I do not understand the milliamps. The battery in the jump box is 12v 10 ah ( what ever that is). I just want a new ac adapter to charge the jump pack with that is not going to damage anything.

To charge the battery in the Powerstation jumpstarter, according to the User Guide (http://powerstationusa.com/manuals/PS110...), this is the type of extension cord you need. It will connect the Powerstation to any 120V AC power outlet http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Extension-Pow...

Do not understand. The unit has a battery which is charged via the AC connection. The unit provides a DC output supply.

Do you wish to charge the unit battery using DC? If so, there is this warning given in the guide

"It is possible to overcharge the battery when re-charging using the DC outlet. Over charging the battery can cause permanent damage and decrease battery performance. Only charge using DC supply if a 120V AC outlet is not available. Charging the battery this way (via AC connection) also safeguards the battery as there is built in protection from overcharging and damaging the battery, which is not provided when charging the unit battery via the DC connection.

OK I get it now. Your unit (which is not the one in the link in my answer I suppose) doesn't have an inbuilt adapter. In that case to charge a battery you need to do it a what is known as 'charge at the 10 hour rate'. This rate is the standard charge rate for batteries . It prevents damage caused by overheating etc, which may occur at higher current values. To get the charge current value, you divide the battery capacity, in your case 10AH by 10 giving a charging current of 1A.

However charging voltage for a battery should be higher than the battery voltage so as to prevent the battery wanting to discharge back into the adapter,.e,g, car 12V batteries charge at 13.8V. so ideally to charge your battery you need a DC14V 1A charger. 15V will do but keep a check that the battery doesn't overheat.

thank you this was very helpful

Accessories

DC charge cable

39" (1 m) 18 AWG with male to male

lighter plugs (part # 449-0187-01-01)

AC charger

Input: 120 V AC, 60 Hz, 11 W

Output: 13.5 V DC, 500 mA

(part # 074-1003

This is listed in the Owners Manual.

Most Helpful Answer

Does this help at all

ac/dc adaptor class 2 transformer

model:ADC-1500700

I/P:AC 120v 60Hz 30W

O/P:DC15V700mA

Listed

54EG

E194707

copied from the back of the power adapter image in step 4

Jump Starter Power Station Teardown

hope this helps

thank you this was very helpful

Lost my adapter for my jump starter its a car starter 1000 12volts dcthats all it tells me what adapter should i use to charge the unit oh it has 900 peak amps

gdan will be eternally grateful.