24 inch 1920x1200 resolution monitor by Samsung

Is my panel dead?

Hi ! I'm new to this site, so please forgive any mistake I might make in regards to my description and please forgive my poor English as well.

Here's my issue: my screen (a Samsung SyncMaster 245B) stopped working recently, the blue LED indicating power still lights up, but the panel itself stays black (it usually shows a grey box when nothing is connected to the screen at the very least). So I'm wondering if the panel itself is dead or if it might be another problem.

And I'm also wondering in case of the actual death of the panel, is it worth replacing or should I straight up buy another screen instead?

Thanks for your time and your answers to come ! :)

Most Helpful Answer

Hey, Sinouhe. Apologies that this comes months after you asked the question. I own two Samsung SyncMaster monitors, both of which had the same behavior you're describing. In both cases, the root cause was a couple of blown capacitors on the power supply board in the monitor. If you have the skills and tools to repair it, you're looking at a $5 repair.

Have you tried the repair solution described ?

Maby it´s just that, a dead resistor in the power supply ?

Sinouhe will be eternally grateful.