The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 is a digital single-lens camera with a rotating screen, released on July 27, 2014 by Panasonic.

How do I turn on the flash?

All of my pictures are too dark, and the camera's flash is not working.

I can't get the flash to work!!!

There are three common fixes to a non-working flash. First, make sure your camera is not in Silent Mode. Next, make sure your shutter is set to either auto or MSHTR. If you find that neither of those settings were activated, your solution might be as simple as opening the flash. Open the flash by pressing the P55 button, which is the small, spring activated push-lever located on the left side of the viewfinder.

The P55 button does not work -- flash will not pop up,

Interesting I am having the exact same problem with my FZ1000, pushing the manual tab did nothing to pop open the flash. It used to work, but quit working several weeks ago. Called the Panasonic support and was told to submit a online repair request. the camera is exactly one month past the 1-year warranty. Sucks big time!! Unless someone came up with a simple fix (or configuration change), I will have to ship it Panasonic repair facility in TX for estimate..

Jesse, after I added comment about how suck it is having to send in the camera for repair the stupid flash not popping up, I inserted a thin blade into the flash opening (do not force, just kind of helping it open) and push the "P55" button the same and wolla! the flash popped open.. I think in my case, there might be some sticky stuff in the opening which prevented the flash from opening. I wiped around the opening with a damp tissue and tried a couple times, flash oped every time. Try it and see if it works for you.

Jesse Folan will be eternally grateful.