Model No. A1366 / 8 or 16 GB capacity

Power button is stuck

Power button is stuck

Power buttons fail so often in these that they should be recalled. It's a fairly straightforward repair. There's a guide for it, and I would just get a part off eBay. Usually I hate eBay for parts, but I order from eBay from a seller named electronics_florida. Every single part has been an OEM Apple flex cable. The Apple part number is 821-1024 A. If your cable has that printed on it in white, it's an original! I think they're $3.20ish each.

One tip: remove the LCD connections using a PLASTIC TOOL! If you don't, there's a good chance you'll break the connector on the LCD and you'll get some blue lines. If this happens, it's not the connector on the board, it's the one on the flex. Just replace it, the screen is like $10.

Don't feel comfortable doing it yourself? Email me at iRevive.mobile@gmail.com and you can have me do the repair for you. I charge $30 including return shipping to do the repair.

Doing it yourself will require:

A flex cable ($3)

Adhesive (2mm double sided, about $1-2)

A suction cup (don't pry the LCD out, you'll chip the paint)

Plastic pry tools (50 cents ish, give me your address and I'll mail you some for free)

An LCD possibly ($8)

A Phillips #00 driver ($2)

Self confidence

Good luck and happy repairs!

traynors4 will be eternally grateful.