The 1999 Chevrolet Malibu is part of the fifth generation (1997-2003) manufactured by General Motors. This is the first smaller, front-wheel-drive Malibu that General Motors put back on the market after the Malibu line was temporarily discontinued in the early 1980's.

Overheating and question about the transmission fluid pan

1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.1L

I'm having trouble with my 98 malibu overheating sometimes it will then sometimes it will stay At 3/4 on the gauge I've already replaced the thermostat and also have a question about the transmission fluid being able to check it and how to tell if it's low or needs changed

Where is the transmission refill located?

Most Helpful Answer

Lee, since TJ. is offering to take care of your transmission question, I will take a stab at your overheat condition. There may be air in the system, which will have to be bled out, so system can function properly.

Check the attached links,instruction and guides on more reason for engine to overheat, Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9u8jAD...

http://www.auto-repair-help.com/auto_dia...

A possible gasket head problem, white smoke,little water from exhaust pipe, its seem oil and water mixs

I need too check on somethings first, I do believe that they did away with the transmission dip stick in that year. The dealerships have the dipstick as a tool. I made one so that the guys the install the transmission can use it. We have a trick for doing it without it. I need too know if you can pop the hood and look down at the top of the transmission and see if there is a yellow cap you can unscrew? I will get my computer out tomorrow and pull up the information for you. But check that for me if you can.

Thanks, TJ

Lee will be eternally grateful.