1.6 or 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB or 4 GB of SDRAM, 64 GB or 128 GB SSD

How do I reset firmware password (EFI) on my MacBook Air A1369

Hello guys. I just bought a Macbook Air A1369 Intel Core i5 on eBay and I found out today that it is blocked with a firmware password. What can I do to reset the password?

Just send in to jerseycityrepair my macbook air got done in 2 days basically unless you have a eprom programer and knowledge of programming ic chips I would not mess with it on your own or you can end up with a nice brick.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

If he can't give you the password, use your Buyer Protection Program on eBay and get your money back and leave this thief really negative feedback.

This computer was listed as parts use only suits parts only

I agree that only apple has access to remove the passwords. I have been removing them for years via hardware reprogramming because many people have no where else to turn. Just to give you some scenarios i have come across. most common are second hand buyers who do not even know that there is a efi lock or pin lock when they buy them until one morning they wake up and find it remotely locked . another scenario is people really forget the passwords usually setting them one time and never using them again. another scenario is of large companies giving them to employees who set the passwords and then get fired . schools and companies get rid off large quantities when they upgrade and never remove the passwords. why should they care when they are getting new machines. apple does not want to help you they want to sell more machines. They will tell you it was set by someones personal icloud account , that would be an invasion of privacy. these are just some cases i have heard. google me jersey city efi password

This has been a while, but for the sake of others who may have the same situation on eBay, coming from someone who gets a significant amount of rebuilders off of eBay auctions:

If the seller didn't disclose the efi lock on a Mac in its description and/or provide photos of the lock screen, then you still have recourse through eBay's buyer protection -even- if it was listed for parts only. Showing a booted, locked Mac as being allegedly functional, but not disclosing something like firmware locking, is considered a deceptive listing.

Contact the seller first. If they don't reply, or refuse to offer a password or satisfaction on their own, open a return case, and choose "Item does not match description or photos," and detail that there was no disclosure of the Mac being firmware locked. EBay sides with the buyer over the seller in instances of lax descriptions.

The Genius Bar people can reset the firmware password but they will need a proof of purchase for the original purchase. I have the same problem with a MacBook my college roommate gave me and they told me he has to provide them with the original proof of purchase (or the credit card he used to buy it since he bought it at the Apple Store) in order to unlock it.

Apple will not help you unlock it they are more interested in selling new machines. Not to worry it can be done by a reflow machine and a new bios chip

Hi, I bought a 2009 A1304 Macbook air with firmware password set, and no OS X installed.

So I get the HDD from the Macbook Air and installed El Capitain 10.11 with a Macbook pro used the HDD as external drive with a special connector. That was a little bit tricky with the ribboncable. After I installed the drive back in the Macbook Air it boots successful. Then I open a Terminal shell and call nvram -c and set a new firmware password with firmwarepasswd and deleted it with the command to ensure it was written to the EFI chip. Now no hardware password is set and I can boot from external devices.

nvram -c

firmwarepasswd -setpasswd (I use 1234)

firmwarepasswd -delete

i can make this for a Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.3 15" Mid-2012 ?¿ i have firmware password i cant boot on a usb and cant in dvd . no osx installed

?¿ thanks i hope u can help

only for old macs, after 2010 efi cant be removed using this method :(

@janhb Will this method work on MBA 1465 EMC 2924(Early 2015)?

I am working on a MacBook Pro mid 2014 that was bios locked. I bought a bios chip from bios depot on eBay and fed him the serial number and info and he made me a new bios chip. I replaced the one on the board and it worked fine for about a month then it failed and bricked the machine. I found a company in the Netherlands that make a small circuit board with the preprogramed bios chip on it. It plugs right into a port on the motherboard and it is awesome. It overrides the bios chip in favor of the new one and in minutes after getting it I am up and running. on eBay they have a few of the matts but if you look up there site they have many Mac models they support. I don't have the info in front of me but if you go to eBay and search for MacBook bios chip and "Matt" or

EFI BIOS firmware Matt Card Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2015

that will get you to one of there listing and get you in touch with the company. This turned my bricked MacBook back into a working machine in minutes. did take it a week or so to get here but it was worth it.

Hope this helps

Is this easy to do myself at home? I am trying to unlock my Mid2014 A1502. but admittedly a total noob...

Josh:

To answer your question: Yes, it's simply a small, preprogramed pop-in Bios override card that takes just a few minutes to install. All you have to do is take off the Macbook2014 A1502 bottom cover and put the card into an already empty

Bios testing port just above the SSD drive. They work as advertised and cost around $85.00. Takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive via the mail from the Netherlands.

My 2014 13" MacBook Air is now up and running great after having borked my book's Bios with an accidental Clover Bootloader install.

Hope this info helps you.

Cheers!

Steve C.

I found this. hope this helps http://osxdaily.com/2015/01/28/forgot-ma...

if you have proof of purchase and are still under warranty go to apple . if not your going to have to pay a third party to remove it by reprogramming the EFI chip (AKA bios chip) be careful as this can brick your machine if not professionally done I have had many technicians even 20 year plus veterans come to me after they fried the motherboard. At that point you might as well buy a new machine. For more info look for programming efi bios chips. It sounds simple but its more of a electrical engineering thing than a I.T. thing. mxic6406e was the chip they first used to hold the bios info. as of last 2 years there is a couple of different chips depending on model and year that I don't know off top of my head but I do have plenty of pictures somewhere as I always would document a new machine after my work is done. HOpe this gives you insight and don't brick it!!! Try apple or third party or sell it (Not to me I have plenty) if you don't want to invest more.

Sam, have not seen you around for a while. Do you have an answer for this one: Is this machine bricked forever

this was efi chip that was used from 2010-2013 on almost all models macbook pro 13 15 and 17 also the imac and mac mini. they have 8 legs very common and easy to reprogram with right tools.

it wont say atmel it will say MXIC6406e on it was just using this picture for reference

andryabreux will be eternally grateful.