1.6 or 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB or 4 GB of SDRAM, 64 GB or 128 GB SSD

How do I reset firmware password (EFI) on my MacBook Air A1369

Hello guys. I just bought a Macbook Air A1369 Intel Core i5 on eBay and I found out today that it is blocked with a firmware password. What can I do to reset the password?

If he can't give you the password, use your Buyer Protection Program on eBay and get your money back and leave this thief really negative feedback.

This computer was listed as parts use only suits parts only

I agree that only apple has access to remove the passwords. I have been removing them for years via hardware reprogramming because many people have no where else to turn. Just to give you some scenarios i have come across. most common are second hand buyers who do not even know that there is a efi lock or pin lock when they buy them until one morning they wake up and find it remotely locked . another scenario is people really forget the passwords usually setting them one time and never using them again. another scenario is of large companies giving them to employees who set the passwords and then get fired . schools and companies get rid off large quantities when they upgrade and never remove the passwords. why should they care when they are getting new machines. apple does not want to help you they want to sell more machines. They will tell you it was set by someones personal icloud account , that would be an invasion of privacy. these are just some cases i have heard. google me jersey city efi password

The Genius Bar people can reset the firmware password but they will need a proof of purchase for the original purchase. I have the same problem with a MacBook my college roommate gave me and they told me he has to provide them with the original proof of purchase (or the credit card he used to buy it since he bought it at the Apple Store) in order to unlock it.

I found this. hope this helps http://osxdaily.com/2015/01/28/forgot-ma...

if you have proof of purchase and are still under warranty go to apple . if not your going to have to pay a third party to remove it by reprogramming the EFI chip (AKA bios chip) be careful as this can brick your machine if not professionally done I have had many technicians even 20 year plus veterans come to me after they fried the motherboard. At that point you might as well buy a new machine. For more info look for programming efi bios chips. It sounds simple but its more of a electrical engineering thing than a I.T. thing. mxic6406e was the chip they first used to hold the bios info. as of last 2 years there is a couple of different chips depending on model and year that I don't know off top of my head but I do have plenty of pictures somewhere as I always would document a new machine after my work is done. HOpe this gives you insight and don't brick it!!! Try apple or third party or sell it (Not to me I have plenty) if you don't want to invest more.

Sam, have not seen you around for a while. Do you have an answer for this one: Is this machine bricked forever

this was efi chip that was used from 2010-2013 on almost all models macbook pro 13 15 and 17 also the imac and mac mini. they have 8 legs very common and easy to reprogram with right tools.

it wont say atmel it will say MXIC6406e on it was just using this picture for reference

Hi, I bought a 2009 A1304 Macbook air with firmware password set, and no OS X installed.

So I get the HDD from the Macbook Air and installed El Capitain 10.11 with a Macbook pro used the HDD as external drive with a special connector. That was a little bit tricky with the ribboncable. After I installed the drive back in the Macbook Air it boots successful. Then I open a Terminal shell and call nvram -c and set a new firmware password with firmwarepasswd and deleted it with the command to ensure it was written to the EFI chip. Now no hardware password is set and I can boot from external devices.

nvram -c

firmwarepasswd -setpasswd (I use 1234)

firmwarepasswd -delete

andryabreux will be eternally grateful.