Released in North America in November 2006.

On startup, System files are corrupt

When starting my launch day Wii. I frequently get an error messages that the system files are corrupt. It is repeatable. I can usually restart the system 5 or 6 times and then it will start up normally.

If you have a SD card in the system, take it out and see if that fixes the issue. If not, when you actually get the system to pull up, try and do a system update using your internet connection and it could possibly rewrite the file that is corrupt in the system's firmware. If this still does not work, you will need to get the board repaired. Wii motherboards are about $40.00.

Most Helpful Answer

This just happenened to me - with no mods and older Wii. I started in Maintenance Mode (holding down + and - on the Health and Safety screen). I then accessed the System data and noticed one if the Channels in system memory was labeled as a "?". I deleted this "channel" and was able to restart the Wii with no problems after powering down.

Steve will be eternally grateful.