HMDX Jam HX-P230 is a wireless Bluetooth speaker manufactured and released by the HMDX Company in 2012. Also known as JAM classic portable speaker.

Flashing lights blue and red (but not working)

My speaker is changing from red light to blue light, but it is not working, and I can't also connect the bluetooth.

My problem is my speaker indicates a red light when is not fully charged but after some few mins it indicates green but won't come on

You have to disconnect the device, then forget it. Then reconnect it. Worked for me

I just called soundcast and told them about the flashing lights . By the way all your above questions are what happened to mine too. It is your battery. You need a new one. Customer service is great. Sent it to them and got it back within 3 days. I didn't pay a dime. Your system must be in good condition and have all components if your going to send it in.

My Ncredible headsets blink red and blue when you power on and HOLD for 5 sec. When you just push power it blinks blue. Regardless they NEVER connect to my Mac.

@Panic Blu how did you connect you ear budsnto phone. My set is doing same thing but even when I turn them off it flashes blue.

Have you got anything connected to the speaker, like a charger or a stereo audio cable or both?

If not a flashing red light means that the battery is low and needs to be charged.

Connect a charger and see if the red light stays on permanently. It can take up to 3 hours to charge fully. The light will turn green when it has.

A quick flashing blue light means that it is waiting to be paired with a Bluetooth device (e.g. a mobile phone)

A slow flashing blue light means that it is already paired with a Bluetooth device,

Once the speaker has fully charged you can reset it by pressing and holding play/pause for 5 seconds or so until you hear a sound or the red light flashing. Note: Restoring the speaker's factory defaults erases all paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker's memory.

You can now pair your speaker with your Bluetooth device

Here is an Ifixit guide on how to troubleshoot your HDMX Jam

HMDX Jam Troubleshooting

The problem is that the red light is not the battery's light, it is a red light flashing above the blue light of the bluetooth's place. Bluetooth's light (blue) is on, and at the same time has a red light flashing...

I think that the red light there is to tell you that there is something plugged into the aux input socket. If there is nothing plugged in it may be that the socket is faulty. It seems as though the speaker is confused as to whether there is a Bluetooth connection or an aux connection. Try plugging in a stereo audio cable (or even a earphone plug) just to see if when you pull it out that the red light has cleared. Did you try the 'reset' procedure as outlined in the guide?

The problem I'm having is the solid red light will stay on, but won't change colors like they said it would after charging for so long. Then when I take it off the charger it won't show a light at all?? Help

Both of the blue and red lights come on and stay solid and I cant connect to it

The problem I have is that the blue light goes on then the red light will come on if the blue light comes on

I also have the same problem with my atom max speaker. It has this blue flashing light but it can't connect on my phone. I can't even restart it o turn it off. I tried to charge it and nothings changed. How can i reset it? Please help me.

Got the same problem two LEDs flashing alternatively blue and red. Not visible for pairing. Guess I'll just wait until batery dies and see if this reset the device. Because the power button won't do anything to it... it had been working just fine for 3 weeks up to now.

I also have a problem with my inno tech speaker, it seems to be flashing blue slowly indicating to either connect to something or is already connected however, its not letting me turn off, downside as well there is no other device connected to this.... I dont know how to turn it off or restart it. I have tried holding the play button as well any ideas on how to fix?

I Also hace this blue blinking problem, Any solution??

I got somewhat same problem with my skullcandy grind wireless headphones. Even after I charged it for almost 2-3 hrs whenever I power on it blinks red light. And it isn't getting connected to any Bluetooth device

The problem with mine is that when i put in the usb cable to charge the red light doesn't stay on ,like its plugged in and ill hit the power button for 5-10 sec and the red light is on while ill do it but soon as i take it off the red light goes away, do you know how i can fix it?

Mine is the blue light stays on but I can't turn it back on

Have Samsung Lihted speakers a bulb is blown out.Its the top light. How do I remove and replace ?

Have the problem with mine is that when i put in the usb cable to charge the red light doesn't stay on ,like its plugged in and ill hit the power button for 5-10 sec and the red light is on while ill do it but soon as i take it off the red light goes away, do you know how i can fix it?

(device makes sounds as if connecting to another)....and, nothing. And all I see is red blue red blue red blue red blue....

This is after SEVERAL hours of charging.

I thought wireless was going to be easier.

I'm using Skull Candy wireless earphones/buds BTW....totally diff than what this forum's original question was. I'll keep searching and hope I'll find where I can truly have this question answered (BUT, maybe someone here could help me. Wouldn't hurt to ask). Wish things would just work when you buy them.

If things did work like they were supposed to, I would most likely be writing good things to the company. Spreading the word. But, nope.

I've been dissecting forums for over an hour trying to get the darn things to work.

Glad I kept the receipt.

Does the power have to be on in order to charge, or would it be wiser to turn off the power? Sorry for the dumb questions. Thank you!

Hi ! I have a problem with my iWorld wireless headphones and if anyone can help that would be great. The problem is that I plugged them in to charge it and I don't know if it's charging. I looked it up and it said that it has to stay a solid red. When I plug it in the red light just stays for 3-5 seconds. I have the correct charger , it's not Bluetooth connected or anything. Does someone have advice?

Hey hello please tell me what to do my samsung Bluetooth earpiece is not working at all , not even a single light is blinking or working, it's look like totally off

Hello, my hopestar S2 has been slowly blinking a blue light and I can't find it on my phone as an available device, pls what can I do???

It's called disposable for a reason. Everyone wants "cheap" and you pay the price with lowered quality. These cheaply produced chinese pieces of crap will never last and truly are never designed to do so in the first place. If you continue to purchase cheap crap be prepared to actually pay more in the long run. You always get what you pay for!

marquinhossantos2006 will be eternally grateful.