HMDX Jam HX-P230 is a wireless Bluetooth speaker manufactured and released by the HMDX Company in 2012. Also known as JAM classic portable speaker.

Flashing lights blue and red (but not working)

My speaker is changing from red light to blue light, but it is not working, and I can't also connect the bluetooth.

Eventually I got it to work; but don't know what I did different. The headphones just show up on my Bluetooth dropdown menu on my Mac. Maybe I was closer or restarted. Just started on a different day. To turn off I pushed the power button a long time and waited several seconds. Then I pushed it once and waited several seconds.

idk but t i cunfieseid and dat dumb stuff just lt die then chrag on plug thingy mubob ite

Have you got anything connected to the speaker, like a charger or a stereo audio cable or both?

If not a flashing red light means that the battery is low and needs to be charged.

Connect a charger and see if the red light stays on permanently. It can take up to 3 hours to charge fully. The light will turn green when it has.

A quick flashing blue light means that it is waiting to be paired with a Bluetooth device (e.g. a mobile phone)

A slow flashing blue light means that it is already paired with a Bluetooth device,

Once the speaker has fully charged you can reset it by pressing and holding play/pause for 5 seconds or so until you hear a sound or the red light flashing. Note: Restoring the speaker's factory defaults erases all paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker's memory.

You can now pair your speaker with your Bluetooth device

Here is an Ifixit guide on how to troubleshoot your HDMX Jam

HMDX Jam Troubleshooting

The problem is that the red light is not the battery's light, it is a red light flashing above the blue light of the bluetooth's place. Bluetooth's light (blue) is on, and at the same time has a red light flashing...

I think that the red light there is to tell you that there is something plugged into the aux input socket. If there is nothing plugged in it may be that the socket is faulty. It seems as though the speaker is confused as to whether there is a Bluetooth connection or an aux connection. Try plugging in a stereo audio cable (or even a earphone plug) just to see if when you pull it out that the red light has cleared. Did you try the 'reset' procedure as outlined in the guide?

Hi @ jen brown (just),

Check in the BT menu list of the device (mobile phone?) that you normally connect to the speaker with if the speaker is still listed there.

If it is select "forget this device" and then turn off the phone. See if this enables you to turn off the speaker.

If you can now turn off the speaker, switch the phone back on again and then switch on the speaker again and see if you can "pair" them again using BT.

You have to disconnect the device, then forget it. Then reconnect it. Worked for me

I just called soundcast and told them about the flashing lights . By the way all your above questions are what happened to mine too. It is your battery. You need a new one. Customer service is great. Sent it to them and got it back within 3 days. I didn't pay a dime. Your system must be in good condition and have all components if your going to send it in.

In my case my JBL clip 2 started flashing from red to blue light and not responding at all ... I tried pressing the play/pause button for even more than 1 minute and nothing. I plugged into a wall charger and nothing. The only thing that fixed it was to leave it until lights were no flashing anymore because they consumed all the battery ... then I plugged into a wall charger and it looks like it restarted and now it is working perfectly again !

If you press and hold for several seconds they eventually show up in your blue tooth icon on the computer. Once selected on the computer, they will only flash blue to let you know they are connected.

EVERYONE, if you’re trying to connect it with your phone, choose “forget the device”on your Bluetooth settings and connect again and this solved my problem.

Just go to forget this network and try again , I had the same problem, Worked for me

Hi all,

I just figured out how to solve your bt issue - stable blue light-not switching on or off. BTW, I have iball Pulse and I face this issue today and yesterday. So I read online that we should first let the battery finish and then charge and reuse it. So I did that yesterday. However, I faced the same stable blue light issue today. So, then I started exploring on my own. So I tried to connect my iball Pulse with my laptop,but it didn't catch. So I tried to switch of the Bluetooth from settings and restarted my hp laptop. But it didn't work. But here is what worked:

I went into settings-Bluetooth devices-Unistalled BT device-iball Pulse and then reinstalled the same Bluetooth device. This removed the stable blue light from appearing again and then a stable blue light appeared after it was finally connected. So I guess this resolved the issue. This issue might have been because recently my computer windows was updated. Maybe due to some or other reasons this issue occured but as of now there is no issue at all.

I hope this is helpful to you too. :)

marquinhossantos2006 will be eternally grateful.