This 13.3-inch high-end laptop, released on June 26, 2007, features the Santa Rosa platform.

Not detecting hard drives

I think something is wrong with the sata interface on this laptop. Tried 4 hard drives and none of them worked. not detected in bios. Can someone help me out?

i tried updating the bios, resseting everything but nothing worked. I noticed that the harddrive turns off when the bios finishes loading, i had an ssd in there so when i put in a mechanical drive i noticed that it turns off

That sounds like the connector isn't seated properly. Strip the laptop and verify the connector is seated properly. I've heard of XPS units having that issue.

the connector is fine

Did you reset the BIOS back to defaults? It could be drive locked to the old drive. Another option is to update the BIOS to the latest version. I've seen SATA cable failures but port failures are extremely rare unless you're adding and removing drives often and accidentally damaged the interface.

remygaxpag will be eternally grateful.