Skip to main content

Model A1236 / 4 or 8 GB capacity

130 Questions View all

Safe to plug it in after water damage?

Hello, i have an iPod Nano 3G and i want to plug it in, but it was water damaged an hour ago. Is it still safe to plug in? I have dried all of the outside.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

Nope. You are not going to get electrocuted. Your iPod Nano however will most likely short circuit and go to iPod heaven. I suggest that you DO NOT turn it on, sync it, plug it in or do anything else with it. Use these guides to disassemble it. Remove the battery and clean it properly with isopropyl alcohol. Use this guide to see how to properly clean. It was written for an iPhone but all the points are pertinent to your iPod as well. After you cleaned it, replace the battery, reassemble and then re-evaluate for any damage.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3


Thank you, however i do not have a spudger on me or a guitar pick.


Just use a similar item. dig around in the "junk drawer" (everybody I know has one of those:-) Whatever you do, do not use your iPod.


Add a comment

NOOOOOOOOOO, Take to your local repair shop. But you probable already plugged in in anyways.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

1 Comment:

Nope, i haven't plugged it in at all. Would it electrocute me if i did plug it in? Sorry if its a noob question.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Zach luc will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 200