Can I fix the readout screen light on my Livescribe Echo?

The light gradually faded and now it is essentially nonexistant. I love the pen, but this is my second one and both have have malfunctioned.

Most Helpful Answer

The livescribe OLED-Display is cheapest cr** - not perfectly sealed, oxygen and especially atmospheric humidity can rapidly degrade the organic light-emitting materials inside. Livecribe has proven :(

I got my pen replaced by livescribe (warranty) just to see it fade shortly after the original warranty period expired.

You can disassemble the Pen, but i found no replacement for the display so far... I can't imagine that this is a proprietary part made just and only for livescribe, so somewhere in this world there must be an OEM part. Maybe someone else has an idea?

I found this about a replacement LED - http://amasci.com/elect/livescribe.html

Buydisplay.com has some small OLED displays that might work. If I find one successfully I'll post it. If someone finds it first, please post it

Tammy will be eternally grateful.