Comprehensive disassembly and installation guides for home appliances.

Maytag refrigerator inside water dispenser stopped working

I still can hear a hum when I press the water dispenser button inside the door of our Maytag bottom drawer French door fridge (MF D2561 HEB), but no water is dispensed. Tested for an ice blockage by inserting a plastic tube up dispenser opening about 18 inches and blowing warm water in. No luck. Water still goes to ice maker and water filter is new. Maybe solenoid is shot? Any other tips before I call a technician? Thanks.

You still may have an ice blockage further up the reservoir. I had this happen to my fridge once. I just left the door open for a couple of hours and it cleared its self. Use blankets over the opening in the fridge or freezer side to keep the cold air in while the door is open.

Tried your suggestion and almost started a fire. The appliance bulb stayed on with the door open and was so hot it melted the light housing and singed my blanket. Did not solve our issue either. Suggest anyone trying this to remove bulbs first or unplug fridge.

Bill will be eternally grateful.