The fourth generation of Honda Accord covering model years 1990 through 1993 available in coupe, sedan, and wagon chassis.

Wont start after replacing starter solanoid assembly

I have a 1991 honda accord ls automatic. Replaced the starter solanoid assembly (all in one piece) after trying to start the car and got nothing but "click,click,click" when turning the key to the start position. Still had that issue when i replaced it, my grandfather "jumped" the starter (as he called it) by using a screw driver to connect the wire that goes from the key in the ifnition to the other wire, it made a really loud grinding noise and started after that, we let the car run for a few minutes then shut it off to try and start it again, "click click click" so he did it again. Anyways, now we cant get it to start even when doing that. I think my grandfather fried the starter doing that. What can i do to figure out what is causing this? And yes i checked the battery.

Go back to basics - check that battery, cables, and connection are all good. If so, then replace the solenoid again (make sure you are using a NEW solenoid, the high current contacts in the solenoid are the primary failure point in almost all nippon-denso starters). Do not assume that the battery is good just because no-load voltage is OK, please test that voltage does not drop below 9v when a 300 amp load is applied.

Oops i should have taken this down. We did exactly what you said. Replaced the starter again and then had the battery load tested and it failed so we bought a new battery too. After spending a couple hours putting it all back we got the dang car to start right up. Thank you!

Nicole Krauth will be eternally grateful.