The 2013 edition of the Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet by Amazon. A budget edition of the new Kindle line, with a lower screen resolution than the HDX, and lacking the 2012's camera. Released October 2, 2013.

Kindle Fire Wireless Charger Option?

I have a Kindle Fire HD. I'm currently on my second one as the first one had the typical charging port issue. So, Amazon sent me a new one because I still had a warranty. Low and behold a year and 3 days later, the replacement has the same issue and of course they won't replace it now, but offer me lovely options of ordering a new one. . .

Because I like to slam my hand in the same drawer three times lol.

Okay, so what am I posting about today?

I want to keep the Kindle Fire that is currently a glorified paperweight and somehow install a wireless charging mat so that I can charge it on a charging pad that requires no cord. This sidesteps the whole "replace the charging port" idea. . because frankly I don't have any of the tools needed and I seriously doubt it would end with the Kindle working if I tried to diy it.

Any tips or suggestions? I've been looking on this site and on Youtube for a video or something and am not having much luck. Tips, a how-to guide or any advice would be awesome.

Thanks! :-)

Have you found any solutions yet? I purchased a charging pad that works for my Samsung Edge however not for my Kindle...

There is an excellent tear down guide here on ifixitthat is easy to follow requires no heat and on a scale of 1-10 is an 8 on the simple to fix meter

Kindle Fire HD 2013 Teardown

The part is easy to replace requires no soldering its a simple plug in and go and not expensive .

Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013, 2nd Gen) Charging Assembly

Safe place to shop . If you take your time and be careful you can do this we have a manifesto here

https://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Hope this helps

Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013, 2nd Gen) Charging Assembly Image

Thanks Jimfixer for all of the helpful links!

I think I have my kindle wrong as far as which version I thought I had. According to my paperwork it's the 2013 model but the back looks much different than the one you provided the guide for. I did some digging and found - Kindle Fire Teardown and that looks exactly like the one I have.

I think this one is going to require a little more know-how and access to tools? Maybe?

I'm all for fixing things and love the manifesto! I used this site a few months ago to work on my iMac and swapped out a HD. Was pretty proud of that accomplishment, so I'm all for attempting this. I have screw drivers and basic household tools though so I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish this.

I'm guessing throwing in a wireless charging mat inside of this case may not be an option? I figured it could be a work around instead of replacing the charging port.

Best of Luck on your fix

Amanda will be eternally grateful.