The 2013 edition of the Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet by Amazon. A budget edition of the new Kindle line, with a lower screen resolution than the HDX, and lacking the 2012's camera. Released October 2, 2013.

Kindle Fire Wireless Charger Option?

I have a Kindle Fire HD. I'm currently on my second one as the first one had the typical charging port issue. So, Amazon sent me a new one because I still had a warranty. Low and behold a year and 3 days later, the replacement has the same issue and of course they won't replace it now, but offer me lovely options of ordering a new one. . .

Because I like to slam my hand in the same drawer three times lol.

Okay, so what am I posting about today?

I want to keep the Kindle Fire that is currently a glorified paperweight and somehow install a wireless charging mat so that I can charge it on a charging pad that requires no cord. This sidesteps the whole "replace the charging port" idea. . because frankly I don't have any of the tools needed and I seriously doubt it would end with the Kindle working if I tried to diy it.

Any tips or suggestions? I've been looking on this site and on Youtube for a video or something and am not having much luck. Tips, a how-to guide or any advice would be awesome.

Thanks! :-)

Have you found any solutions yet? I purchased a charging pad that works for my Samsung Edge however not for my Kindle...

I have the Amazon fire HD 10 inch and I even add on the 2year extra warranty and they are telling me that they can't find it even after the first lady I talked with said she did first I was told that they were sending me a new one and then they said they are not I am getting a attorney to sue Amazon but my advice to you is never ordered a nothing more from Amazon, my name is marlene Cole, this is not the first time they have pulled this

There is an excellent tear down guide here on ifixitthat is easy to follow requires no heat and on a scale of 1-10 is an 8 on the simple to fix meter

Kindle Fire HD 2013 Teardown

The part is easy to replace requires no soldering its a simple plug in and go and not expensive .

Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013, 2nd Gen Charging Assembly

Safe place to shop . If you take your time and be careful you can do this we have a manifesto here

https://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Hope this helps

Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013, 2nd Gen Charging Assembly Image

Product

$9.99

Thanks Jimfixer for all of the helpful links!

I think I have my kindle wrong as far as which version I thought I had. According to my paperwork it's the 2013 model but the back looks much different than the one you provided the guide for. I did some digging and found - Kindle Fire Teardown and that looks exactly like the one I have.

I think this one is going to require a little more know-how and access to tools? Maybe?

I'm all for fixing things and love the manifesto! I used this site a few months ago to work on my iMac and swapped out a HD. Was pretty proud of that accomplishment, so I'm all for attempting this. I have screw drivers and basic household tools though so I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish this.

I'm guessing throwing in a wireless charging mat inside of this case may not be an option? I figured it could be a work around instead of replacing the charging port.

Best of Luck on your fix

I have a Amazon fire 5th gen 8gb and my port went out and I'm in need of a wireless Matt any suggestions???

Hi Amanda, If you are looking for a wireless kindle fire charger, unfortunately, wirelessly charging Kindle Fires is not actually possible. Kindle Fires are not qi compatible which is necessary for wirelessly charging your kindle fire device.

Wrong! do a search on Q1 receivers or Wireless charging for kindles..

If the charging port works, just plug the Q1 in and slip it's pad under the Kindle in its case. Then it;s ready to go on a wireless charger. cheap too!

You tube has folks with Broken Charge ports wiring Q1's into kindles for a fix as well.

Luck,

Bill

Amanda will be eternally grateful.