The Xperia Z1 Compact is Sony's premium camera phone. It is similar to the Xperia Z1 model except smaller and less expensive. Its key feature is a 20.7 megapixel sensor. Upon release the available colors were white, black, pink, and lime.

Screen not working after replacement

Hello I have Xperia Z1 Compact with a broken screen. I have ordered a replacement screen from ebay. When I connect the screen to the phone and turn it on, nothing happens. I know that the phone works because I hear boot up sound. Also when I press unlock button and then volume up/down keys I can hear the volume change sound. If we assume that the replacement screen is working, what could be wrong with the phone? Is there anything I could do to fix it?

I have a similar problem, i tested the new screen and was satisfactory, however after installing it with the gasket it failed to fire up

Most Helpful Answer

The LCD ribbon cable could have been damaged during installation. Make sure the lcd connector is connected prperly. You might have a defective part, eBay parts are not always the best choice....

Thanks for the answer. Unless the ribbon was already damaged I doubt I damaged it. Connector is easy to access and I was gentle. I was wondering what chances are there that there is something wrong with the phone itself. For example that metal panel below the display (is that heatsink?) seems a bit detached now. Could a connector itself be a bit detached from the board?

Ivan Savu will be eternally grateful.